Two more tools have been added.
The package now includes 4 separate extensions:
1. DBTS Admin Object Extension
This object is intended to replace the standard Admin Object. It has of course many similarities, as it is based on the same core code, but also many differences.
Main features added are:
1. Automatic creation of the database file or the database table.
2. Automatic creation of a file or a DB table for storage of the administrator
password and email address.
3. “Change Password” feature for the Admin password.
4. “Forgot Password” feature for the Admin password.
5. Error reporting system that allows you to view any error or any
confirmation messages created by the script.
6. Customization of the labels, buttons and linked texts.
7. Password check: it will check if the users password already exists in the
database. WB’s standard object only checked the username.
This extension has been already tested and used by many users, and it can manage the same fields that the standard WB6 login script creates and manages, only that it provides the above mentioned additional features.
2. DBTS Admin MySQL Object Extension
This is a new extension. It provides the same more or less features as the previous one, with the following differences:
1. It will only work with MySQL. The flat file database is not supported.
2. It allows you to add as many fields you like, and to control how they will be displayed in the Administration page.
3. DBTS Login Extension:
This tool allows you to take advantage of the previous one's ability to create additional fields in the database.
In fact, it allows you to check not only if a user is logged in, but also if the membership is still valid (expiry date) and it will redirect the user to any page of his own other than the default redirect page (please see manual)
4. DBTS page Protect Tool
This toll will also take advantage of the DBTS Admin MySQL Extension ability to create additional fields.
In fact, it will allow usergroup based access, thus allowing some users to reach certain pages, and some others to reach other pages. You can create practically unlimited usergroups, and assign to your page ANY possible combination of usergroups that are allowed to reach the page.
You can run a test and download the script from http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb6/login/
Demo 1 and Demo 2 are relevant to the DBTS Admin Object Extension
Demo 3 is relevant to the DBTS Admin MySQL Object Extension
Please note that there is completely different approach in the database creation section, as many of the users issues with the WB Login script were due to this. So we have implemented the necessary routines that will automatically create the database file or MySQL database tables for you.
The script will also report any errors that it will encounter during this stage, so you can take proper actions.
As always, feedback is appreciated.