HighSlide PDF Display *** No Longer Supported***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
BaconFries

HighSlide PDF Display *** No Longer Supported***

Post by BaconFries » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:02 pm

***02/08/12***
It has been brought to my attension that the extension is no longer working as it should "displaying in a highslide window" and users getting asked to open the PDF in there choice of PDF reader installed on there PC. Note this is not a issue with the extension it is down to it being a browse feature to not allow PDF's not to be displayed using a iframe within the highslide window. For this reason I have decided to no longer support the extension and it will no longer be available to download. I apoligise for this but it is out of my hands as I have no control over how the enduser has there browser set to allow PDF's to be displayed.

***16/08/11***
Extension has been update to the latest builder and is available from the "Extension Manager" in WB7

Meets W3C Standards Image Image
Built with Extension Builder 2.0.2

***Update*** Have upload another version nof the extension to allow users to display a line of text beside the image, I have also just left the image version to download as well just incase some prefer that....enjoy

***Update 11/05/11*** small update to fix image sizing to stop overlaping....see second mediafire download

***Updated 29/09/10***
Version for WB7 PDF's were reported as not displaying see mediafire for download

/******************************************************************************
Name: Highslide JS
Version: 4.0.11 (January 21 2009)
Config: default
Author: Torstein Hønsi
Support: http://highslide.com/support

Licence:
Highslide JS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5
License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/).
You are free:
* To use for personal use only.
* To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
* To make derivative works.
* Noncommercial.You may not use this work for commercial purposes personal use only.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license
terms of this work.(See Above)
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
******************************************************************************/
Please vist the link below for more details on how to purchase commercial licence.
http://highslide.com

PDF Image Photobucket...right click and "Save As"
Last edited by BaconFries on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:13 am, edited 20 times in total.

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:46 am

I can't change the width

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi Lenny I have tested the extension and it worked fine the issue is with FireFox I have now fixed this issue. Please re-download and try updated extension I have added a width property in settings so that is not just the objectwidth can be set. Both objectwidth and width need to be the same. Let me know if this works.

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:00 pm

BaconFries wrote:Hi Lenny I have tested the extension and it worked fine the issue is with FireFox I have now fixed this issue. Please re-download and try updated extension I have added a width property in settings so that is not just the objectwidth can be set. Both objectwidth and width need to be the same. Let me know if this works.
It works perfectly :D

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Evening just checked and it seems to working fine in opera... what seems to the problem when you use the extension does it not display does it fail to open I will try to help you in anyway I can

Recent Sreendump took 20:30

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Also just checked Safari....
Screndump as of 20:44

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Just to make sure I installed chrome to see if it was compatible with it too

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi Steinsk can you tell me what happens when you try to use the extension. If there is a problem with the extension I would like to know so that I can fix the error for you and any other users that use it with Opera.
As you will see I tested with just about all browsers avaiable well popular browsers anyway and it seems to work fine so if I can help in anyway I will to try and get it to work for you.

chattd

pdf icon size

Post by chattd » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:04 am

Hi
Great extension, is there anyway to increase the size of the icon when displayed on website, ive tried to select another picture to display but it is to small.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi chattd yes this can be done I will update this feature in the properties of the extension. I will try and get it updated and posted sometime today. When new update is avaiable look in original posting for it.

chattd

Post by chattd » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks
:D

chattd

Post by chattd » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Briliant Excellent Thanks :D :D :D :D

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Welcome right for my next trick.... :idea: :D

star57

Post by star57 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I do have a non profit site that I will be using it on, as its perfect for that app, never thought Adobe would give you that! I am not that great at scripting as you are. And thought it might be possible.

Thanks Baconfries

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun May 03, 2009 11:44 am

Hi thanksjc as of ***21/02/09*** this is the latest release I have just downloaded at 12:40 sun 3rd may link seems to be working fine I would try downloading again mediafire has been having some issues lately. I will look into what you are saying about having to refresh page to view and will post my findings. Glad you like the extension.

Update 14:07
Ok I have checked what you were saying about having to refresh to view again after you close I have installed the extension and tried it out and it seems to be working fine it works in preview and for a demo I have uploaded to test server/host to try and working ok see demo link below what version of pdf reader are you using foxit, adobe....If I can help with your issue I will.
http://justtesting123.comuf.com/pdf.html
http://jonnydorito.brinkster.net/pdf/pdf.html

Update 16:54
A new update will be released later today that will fix issue in firefox it will be posted in original posting for download