server/wysiwyg compatibility

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Nitrid-2

server/wysiwyg compatibility

Post by Nitrid-2 »

I've used WYSIWYG for about 2.5 years now. My hosting service was with Hostpapa.

Their hosting rates have substantially increased several times over that period. In December I decided to switch hosting to the company which I purchased most of my domains from Register.com

I purchased a one year hosting package on Dec 23, 2022 so 17 days ago, I set up my ftp coordinates in WYSIWYG as well as set the NEW DNS pointers
a couple of days later I published my web in WYSIWYG but it failed after talking with support the issue was resolved or so I thought I again attempted to publish and this time WYSIWYG gave me a "Publish Successful" message. However when I typed my Url into google My site was not found.

I then did a TEST by using the built in web builder which came with my hosting package I created a few lines of text and small image and hit publish when I typed in the url into Google my website "test" appeared online no problem.

I then tried publishing again several more time from my WYSIWYG and each time I got "Published Successfully" but when I type in my url all that appears is the test page I created in the Register.com webpage builder.

I have spent about 12 days constantly on the phone, on their chat support and this morning they simply told me to contact the WYSIWYG people basically saying that the issue is at the WYSIWYG editor side.

AS you might guess I'm more than frustrated and don't know what to do next I like WYSIWYG editor more than I like the built in Web builder in my hosting package.

Any suggestions truly appreciated!
jerryco

Re: server/wysiwyg compatibility

Post by jerryco »

Did you take a look at the remote folders using an FTP tool? Maybe your host web builder generated a page that gets served first?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

WYSIWYG Web Builder is compatible with all web hosts, because the output is standard HTML.
I think you either have published the website to the wrong location or you the home page ins not named 'index'.

If you need further assistance then please include the publish log and the URL of the website.
andyp

Post by andyp »

Have you tried using a stand alone FTP client like Filezilla.. Worth a try because you can see where the files you are publishing end up.
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
onlye

Post by onlye »

i inherited a register.com hosting and domain account from an customer. i hate the way the company's hosting works.

But for you issue - i believe the location to publish your site is /htdocs
Unfortunatly, the file manger at register.com broke for many accounts, including my customer, so you can not use the file manger to look at the files on the server to make sure where your file published. Like someone suggested, the ftp manger with wizzy should help you look at the folders to see where your site published.

Their customer service is also awful, we have spent hours getting the different wrong answers from multiple support people.

be happy to help how i can, feel free to let me know if you would like to reach out by email or phone.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Pablo wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:21 pm WYSIWYG Web Builder is compatible with all web hosts, because the output is standard HTML.
I think you either have published the website to the wrong location or you the home page ins not named 'index'.

If you need further assistance then please include the publish log and the URL of the website.
Admittedly I don't fully understand the process I am in my mid 70s and want to use my site's to subsidize pension income I started building sites in 1996 before the advent of Web editors just using html although never updated my knowledge of the server-side process so I am always scared to do anything on that side. WWB worked fine on the previous server I only encountered this problem when I just switched servers.
the server support have advised me that all the set up information is correct in my WWB and when I hit publish WWB gives me the "Published Successfully" message

Here are some screen shots that some of you may understand, Well tried to attach images to this post but it asks for image url which I don't have because the images are on my desktop so how do I attach them without a url??
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

onlye wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:57 am i inherited a register.com hosting and domain account from an customer. i hate the way the company's hosting works.

Unfortunately, the file manger at register.com broke for many accounts, including my customer, so you can not use the file manger to look at the files on the server to make sure where your file published. Like someone suggested, the ftp manger with wizzy should help you look at the folders to see where your site published.

Their customer service is also awful, we have spent hours getting the different wrong answers from multiple support people.

be happy to help how i can, feel free to let me know if you would like to reach out by email or phone.
Thanks for your response;
Once I figure out HOW to attach images to this forums posts in the absence of a URL for example dragging them from my desktop /or uploading from same I will post them
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think you either have published the website to the wrong location or the home page is not named 'index'.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Once I figure out HOW to attach images to this forums posts in the absence of a URL for example dragging them from my desktop /or uploading from same I will post them
Uploading images to the forum is disabled. If you have a site of your own you can upload the images to there and provide the url(s) or upload to the following https://imgbb.com/ and again provide the url(s)
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

jerryco wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:20 pm Did you take a look at the remote folders using an FTP tool? Maybe your host web builder generated a page that gets served first?
Thanks for your response!
I am always careful about doing anything on the server side as I don't want to screw anything up permanently!
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

Well if it ain't working consider getting those hands dirty :wink:
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

BaconFries wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:18 pm
Uploading images to the forum is disabled. If you have a site of your own you can upload the images to there and provide the url(s) or upload to the following https://imgbb.com/ and again provide the url(s)
Thanks for your response that would be an option if uploading my site was working but failure to upload my site is the reason for my original post.
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Pablo wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:13 pm I think you either have published the website to the wrong location or the home page is not named 'index'.
I am attempting to share images with you here is the recent publishing log done 10 minutes ago https://ibb.co/qnJQc3G

My page url is tshandsales.com
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Pablo wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:21 pm WYSIWYG Web Builder is compatible with all web hosts, because the output is standard HTML.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
https://ibb.co/Z1DSdfZ

what I see when hit "explore" in WWB
https://ibb.co/t4HZ7jp
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

What do you see when you double click on htdocs there?

Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

onlye wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:57 am i inherited a register.com hosting and domain account from an customer. i hate the way the company's hosting works.

Unfortunatly, the file manger at register.com broke for many accounts, including my customer, so you can not use the file manger to look at the files on the server to make sure where your file published. Like someone suggested, the ftp manger with wizzy should help you look at the folders to see where your site published.

I just took this image of the server-side contents of /htdocs but i cannot tell from this if the files contained in this folder are the files from my WYSIWYG or from the Register.com built in web-builder and the support people at register said they cannot or (will not) delete files on their server.

my email is thand@island.net I cannot use Facebook messenger as facebook have locked me out of my account.

https://ibb.co/L0RLxQp
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

What you just posted is probably the directory you should use as Home if you want to update your site with web builder. However everything you upload with web builder will overwrite what has the same filename and is already there!

Question is, what did you do prior to finding WWB and do you now want to re-do your website with web builder?

Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

jerryco wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:49 pm
What do you see when you double click on htdocs there?
I see this;
https://ibb.co/L0RLxQp
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

jerryco wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:19 pm What you just posted is probably the directory you should use as Home if you want to update your site with web builder. However everything you upload with web builder will overwrite what has the same filename and is already there!

Question is, what did you do prior to finding WWB and do you now want to re-do your website with web builder?
I want to continue building my sites with Pablos WYSIWYG editor (if I can get it publishing properly / successfully).

I don't want to use the webpage builder which is provided free with my Register.com hosting account, It is clumsy and limited in functionality the only reason I used it at all was to test if it would publish correctly which it did but also it appears to have created a monster problem for me to use WWB.
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

Nitrid-2 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:57 pm I've used WYSIWYG for about 2.5 years now. My hosting service was with Hostpapa.

Their hosting rates have substantially increased several times over that period. In December I decided to switch hosting to the company which I purchased most of my domains from Register.com

I purchased a one year hosting package on Dec 23, 2022 so 17 days ago, I set up my ftp coordinates in WYSIWYG as well as set the NEW DNS pointers
a couple of days later I published my web in WYSIWYG but it failed after talking with support the issue was resolved or so I thought I again attempted to publish and this time WYSIWYG gave me a "Publish Successful" message. However when I typed my Url into google My site was not found.

I then did a TEST by using the built in web builder which came with my hosting package I created a few lines of text and small image and hit publish when I typed in the url into Google my website "test" appeared online no problem.

I then tried publishing again several more time from my WYSIWYG and each time I got "Published Successfully" but when I type in my url all that appears is the test page I created in the Register.com webpage builder.

I have spent about 12 days constantly on the phone, on their chat support and this morning they simply told me to contact the WYSIWYG people basically saying that the issue is at the WYSIWYG editor side.

AS you might guess I'm more than frustrated and don't know what to do next I like WYSIWYG editor more than I like the built in Web builder in my hosting package.

Any suggestions truly appreciated!
Okay guys I finally got it working and it was due to ALL your combined suggestions here is the fix;

the Remote folder on my server was simply "/" I asked this question when I was originally setting up my WYSIWYG ftp details their support team said "/" was the correct name for the folder.

Based on all your suggestions i changed the remote folder settings to "/htdocs" and now it is publishing correctly.

Thank You!
onlye

Post by onlye »

chalk up another goose chase to register.com support staff

my team and i have wasted hours and hours with them
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

onlye wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:00 pm chalk up another goose chase to register.com support staff

Yes you got that right!

Now I have to try and upload two more domains and the direction s I got from them today were all but useless I asked their support if they had a video tutorial on how to add additional domains to an existing hosting account? the support guy said NO we don't do videos their chat window uses chatbots for first contact which means if you don't know that you can spend 15 minutes or so typing out your problem and providing the account details only to find out that you are going to have to retype it all when the chat bot says "can you rephrase that please?" they ALWAYS use a chatbot for the first thee comments typed then and only then do they pass you to a living support person.
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

onlye wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:00 pm chalk up another goose chase to register.com support staff

This is the best tutorial I have seen for newbies and people like me who because we don't constantly use a program tend to forget the intricacies of how it works!

The guy succinct and to the point and very easy to understand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAT-tsgaXsk
Nitrid-2

Post by Nitrid-2 »

I'm getting there slowly but now my time is torn between fixing these web issues and visiting my wife who has just undergone major surgery after I took her to her to emergency last Sunday.

I did some work on website yesterday And got this error in WWB which I've never seen before it appeared when I tried to save the website I was working on I've never seen it before. anyone know what it means??

https://ibb.co/yW0jqc2
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@Nitrid-2 See the following
viewtopic.php?p=444915#p444915