CMS?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
teterpi

CMS?

Post by teterpi »

Since I'm doing a news site, do I need the content management system so I can get faster updates?
crispy68

Re: CMS?

Post by crispy68 »

Depends on what you mean by updates. If you are only going to be changing out text, images, etc. then CMS may work for you but if you are altering the design of the page, you are going to still need to do that in WB. For me, CMS is more for when you create a website for a client and they want the ability to log in and change some minor things with the site like text, images, etc. not the design of it. It honestly takes seconds to republish a changed page.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. We hope to post daily content which would be relevant on that day. If the site isn't available in a good format for 48 hours, the information could become stale. However, most of what will be posted are permanent and ongoing so maybe always being a couple days behind will be acceptable.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

We hope to post daily content which would be relevant on that day.
I guess it depends on how fast you are. If you load up WB, load your project, make the changes and the re-publish, it will only take as long as it takes you to update the page.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Things are getting easier...lol. Yes, changes will be fast once it's set up. I'm still having trouble getting a clean version from godaddy but I'm getting instant feedback from tiiny.host. Thanks
onlye

Post by onlye »

If you are adding a post each day and those post are permanat you might consider a blog. There are several options available included with Web Builder as well as other vendors. I use the blog from PHPJabbers, which integrateds nicely with Web Builder. Crispy and I have a special version that allows you to display the three most recent post on a page that can link to the blog page where a user can search and view all post.

Just a thought
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Thank you. I looked at phpjabber. That might be over my head at this point although my learning curve isn't as steep now. And I'm interested in what you and Crispy have. Maybe version 2. For now, I'm using cards in a card container deck in a layout grid.

The resolution on godaddy is that I registered a new domain with cloudflare which has an easy to use set of integrated services. Also, you can test the live site right away. Web Builder looks great on the website and is easy to use for my needs.
onlye

Post by onlye »

Actually, setting up a Jabbers script is not that difficult. They have a full featured demo to check out if it is a solution for you. Be happy to help if you need assistance getting going.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

I will look again. For now I have some resolution on my website. I got a domain from Cloudflare and attempted to configure it on my own. Then I got a little help and I was just missing a couple things so have that figured out. Now my website is coming up within a 10 minutes of uploading. After 4 days, from godaddy it finally started forwarding the other domain. The card deck in card container in a layout grid is working great and I really love this program!