*** SOLVED *** Website not rendering like preview

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Pablo

Re: Website not rendering like preview

Post by Pablo »

For me, it looks correct in all browsers and on all devices I could test it on.

However, the file names of your images are not web safe. Which may cause issues on some systems.
Please see this related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?t=131
onlye

Post by onlye »

not to confuse the subject here -
looks like the page you built is a list of news or blog post? if that is the case and you are planning to build each news/blog page indivudually you might look at some of the blog tools to make this faster and easier
if that is not the case, my apologies and please disregard.
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Thank you all. So frustrating
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

onlye - thank you. My logic was it was a simple three column layout with a unique picture with link to the page, purposely simply designed to meet my minimum rqmt. I did try cards and card container, but was having the same trouble getting what I wanted and it seemed easier using my image. I will continue to try various approaches and learn the software. Were you suggesting I look at a template? Thanks for your input :)
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

I think I got to the bottom of this. I signed up for another hosting provider and uploaded the original files with the layout grids and it came right up just perfect in all the browsers and devices. I'm not sure what is going on with godaddy, but that seems to be the point of failure since there was no trouble with anyone testing my link on this post or my latest test. Godaddy was taking hours or longer to update files. FYI, the new host is tiiny.host. Thanks for all the help.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I'm not a fan of GoDaddy anymore. I've had more issues with websites on their servers than any others.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Thank you for saying that! Today I had my proof I've been waiting for more than a week to get. Today, the index page I loaded yesterday did not come up the entire day until I went to bed at 3am. Then just now, I checked again, and the page is correct, just as you all tested, it's taking more than 24 hours for me to get a clean page. I'm sorry I wasted your time because of ridiculous wait times on updating with godaddy. It will be impossible to use this as a testing platform.
teterpi

Post by teterpi »

Alternatively, the tests do show that WBS works as expected, so I should be confident that my websites will eventually get updated correctly. Thanks again for helping.