problems updating website

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mattsimm63

problems updating website

Post by mattsimm63 »

I have just updated my website, www.mattsimmonds.com (gallery of artworks). However, in my browser I am getting a confusing mix of the old and updated website, which can't be navigated correctly. Most importantly, on the index page, the gallery button links to the old version of the gallery. This can be fixed by eliminating the cache of my browser. However, on another browser, or on a computer where I have previously loaded the older version, I still have this issue. It's important that visitors can come back to the website to see any updates, and, unless they have eliminated their cache, they should have the same problem. Can you advise? Thank you
mattsimm63

Re: problems updating website

Post by mattsimm63 »

An extra point: if I click on the website name in my post above it works fine. If I put the website name into my browser search bar, or find the page via Google, there's the problem.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This not directly related to the pages.
You will need to configure the cache settings on the server in .htaccess.

Note that version 10 is very old and no longer supported.
pridbor

Post by pridbor »

I'm experiencing similar problems in my Win 10 PC, but only when posting to the server.

The results I see when entering the web address in the browser, Edge and Chrome alike, is nothing like what I designed and what I see when running a preview.

I finally figured out a way to get consistent results by clearing browsing and cache content in the browsers. This I have to do every single time I upload an update to my website.

I don't think that it's a flaw in the SW, but it would be nice not to have to do such "preparative operations every time one does an update.

Pablo, I think that you are telling me to do something in an earlier post that I don't know how to do, namely your reference to a setting called ".htaccess."

Could you please expand on how one goes about such an operation?

Thanks

Preben
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@pridbor
Pablo, I think that you are telling me to do something in an earlier post that I don't know how to do, namely your reference to a setting called ".htaccess."
Could you please expand on how one goes about such an operation?
A .htcaccess is a file (text) that is set on your server, in this instance it will tell your site/pages not to cache but to refresh at a set time or when a update has been made and uploaded. Note as this is not related to the program but server sided you will need to contact your host for help to configure.
pridbor

Post by pridbor »

@BaconFries,

I knew that it had to do with the environment, but I have no experience in how to cause a change on the server.

Thanks

Preben
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

but I have no experience in how to cause a change on the server.
Maybe your web host can help you with this?
pridbor

Post by pridbor »

Will try

Thanks

Preben