Another Contact Form not working

Issues related to forms.
donjohnson24

Another Contact Form not working

Post by donjohnson24 »

I have set up a Contact page using the Contact 1 template at http://www.johnsmithbusker.co.uk/contact.php
The properties of the form on WWB 17 are at: https://www.donjohnson24.co.uk/images/form.jpg

I'm not getting any e-mails returned to me, although the Success page appears.
Have I got something incorrect in WWB, or is it something to do with the host, Heartinternet.co.uk ?
If the latter, where do I start looking, please ?
BaconFries

Re: Another Contact Form not working

Post by BaconFries »

Did it previously work?. If you are getting the success page but no emails then it either it/they are going to your spam folder or your host is blocking them. Please see thefollowing.
Emails are not arriving in my inbox...
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=32967
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

BaconFries wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:50 pm Did it previously work?. If you are getting the success page but no emails then it either it/they are going to your spam folder or your host is blocking them. Please see thefollowing.
Emails are not arriving in my inbox...
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=32967
Not previously used - and I use MailwasherPro so I would see any potential spam.
I raised the problem with Heart, and received the following response:

Could you please check if the software is using the below email settings?
Outgoing Mail Server: mail50.extendcp.co.uk
SMTP port: 465
You should set the "Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): On" and you should use Password for Authentication method.
The PHP mailer function is working properly.

I cannot see where the above info' should go - is the built in PHP form processor editable?

Help would be much appreciated
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can set the SMTP server settings in the (advanced) properties of the form.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Your host can provide the correct settings required then once you have these you can configure the SMTP settings in the form properties (Advanced->Mail Engine)

donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

BaconFries wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:22 pm Your host can provide the correct settings required then once you have these you can configure the SMTP settings in the form properties (Advanced->Mail Engine)

With the info' from you and Pablo, I now seem to have the Contact Form working OK, and have it sending the details to the owner of the website.

One minor problem is that I wanted to check that messages were getting through, which I assumed would be by using the 'More Form Processing Properties' window to send a copy to me. I simply added my own email address to the CC box, leaving the others blank - apart from 'Reply to' which already contained '$mailfrom'.
However, although I checked that a test message DID go to the website owner, no copy was received by me.
Do I need to fill in more of the 'More' window ?
This functionality is not vital, but would provide a confirmation to me that all was well.

Thanks to Baconfries and Pablo for your help.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Your welcome. If your email isn't arriving in your box it is possible it is being sent to your spam folder. Or your client (owner) of the site host/server is blocking your email address so it won't be sent to you. Have you also enabled autoresponder? this should send a copy to you and the owner.