Fixed sidebar SOLVED

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Rodders

Fixed sidebar SOLVED

Post by Rodders »

Hi, been using version 15 then 16 and just upped to 18. However I have a requirement that I can't seem to solve.
Basically I'm building a website of around 8 pages. Each page has a header, plus a different image at the top as well as a footer. However the client has a list of events that they wish to show as a sidebar on every page. I can obviously simply configure each page with the sidebar - BUT the dates will change on a regular basis, so I'd have to continually update every page. What I wanted to achieve was a fixed sidebar so that I only had to edit that page and it would update all pages automatically. I've tried Master page but then can't add additional images to that frame and can't insert a frame above the sidebar. I thought perhaps that master frame would achieve it but I'm struggling to make that responsive. Can someone give me a couple of pointers please.
I have a site built with a separate sidebar per page up at www.styleprint.biz/test to show the end effect but really need some advice as to how best to fix the sidebar
many Thanks
Last edited by Rodders on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Fixed sidebar

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you can use an inline frame to display the events on another page?
Then you only need to update that page.
Rodders

Re: Fixed sidebar

Post by Rodders »

Yep guess I could - I think I've been hung up on trying to get it as a sidebar, but yes if I use an Iframe across the page I could list all the events in two rows.
Each page then has a frame and it gets populated with the same content
Sounds good thanks
Rodders
Rodders

Re: Fixed sidebar SOLVED

Post by Rodders »

Finally created a solution that gives me the sidebar I needed. Solution I used was I created a Master page( called it sidebar) This contains one layout grid single box.
On each page which are created using layout grids I simply embedded a page within the appropriate cell in the grid and referred it back to the master page - and that was it a single page to modify every time the dates or details are changed rather amending every page. And it's responsive too!
Thanks for your suggestion Pablo as it got me thinking about the solution in a slightly different way!
WYSIWIG strikes again!! :D :D