Card expands downwards in breakpoints

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Bluesman

Card expands downwards in breakpoints

Post by Bluesman »

Hi Pablo and wwb:rs
Having a problem with card expanding downwards in breakpoints, especially 480 and 340 for mobile units. Setting the card to correct hight and changeing to other breakpoint, when returning to the changed 340 or 480 it has expanded downwards?

For example:

Correct size

Expanded wrong

Site:
https://www.fundacionvirgendelamerced.c ... ectos.html
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Re: Card expands downwards in breakpoints

Post by Pablo »

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project (.wbs file) so I can see all your settings.

I cannot see what you have done based on the published page (HTML), because the software has thousands of options and millions of possible combinations.
So, there is no way to know which options you have used by looking at the HTML only.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:00 pm To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project (.wbs file) so I can see all your settings.

I cannot see what you have done based on the published page (HTML), because the software has thousands of options and millions of possible combinations.
So, there is no way to know which options you have used by looking at the HTML only.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
Sorry Pablo, thought it was a knewn issue, but here's the wwb project:
https://www.chevere.ec/web_storage/testproject.zip
"Make My Day"

See my Website
zinc

Post by zinc »

I too have had this issue but I left it for while as the work on the project stopped.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I think it's best if you give the card a minimum height (via the flexbox properties).
Otherwise a card will attempt match the height of other cards in the same container.
The "minimum height" property is responsive, so it can be different in breakpoints.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:25 pm I think it's best if you give the card a minimum height (via the flexbox properties).
Otherwise a card will attempt match the height of other cards in the same container.
The "minimum height" property is responsive, so it can be different in breakpoints.
Hi Pablo... tnx for answering. Sorry but I can not find were to set the minimum hight?? Please explain...

Found it in the "Context menu"... but what value chall I set here?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Ok... setted the minimi hight for every breakpoint that the object has originally, seams to work :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:25 pm I think it's best if you give the card a minimum height (via the flexbox properties).
Hi Pablo... hope you can check this out:
Now I have opened this site in ver 18 latest build and the problem with expanding hight in the cards returned?? Changes I've done are erasing the button in the bottom of the cards and inserted one more slide. After noticed the problem again I went through all slides and breakpoints adjusted the min hight, but the problem still occurs??
The test site published as above and here's a new project file:
https://www.chevere.ec/web_storage/cardissue.zip
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:33 pm What exactly do I need to do to see the problem?
If you look at the published version or preview, you see that the space beneth the bottom text and the frame differs when you chrink the browser size for the different breakpoints... some are acceptable but others expands way to much down...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

At the moment, the minimum height property is only responsive when the card is used in a flex container. Because is was mainly to be used for flexbox layouts.
This means that if you use the card in another type of container, that you will have to set the minimum height to the smallest value in the default view.

For example, the minimum height of 'ProyectosCard5' is set to 373 in the default view, this should be 251 (or maybe even smaller).
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:16 pm At the moment, the minimum height property is only responsive when the card is used in a flex container. Because is was mainly to be used for flexbox layouts.
This means that if you use the card in another type of container, that you will have to set the minimum height to the smallest value in the default view.

For example, the minimum height of 'ProyectosCard5' is set to 373 in the default view, this should be 251 (or maybe even smaller).
Ok... tnx Pablo. I will test...
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:16 pm At the moment, the minimum height property is only responsive when the card is used in a flex container. Because is was mainly to be used for flexbox layouts.

Hi again Pablo... I'm testing... get's a little better, but I get no logic in the settings. Shall the settings be the same for all breakpoints in each slide or shall they be changed individually? I get small changes but nothing that corresponds to the big changes in numbers...
Is there a guide how it works?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The values in the breakpoints are not used. They are only valid in combination with flexbox.
So, the default view should have the minimum height for all views. For example, if the height in the 320 breakpoint is the smallest of all views then you should use that value.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Pablo wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:42 pm The values in the breakpoints are not used. They are only valid in combination with flexbox.
So, the default view should have the minimum height for all views. For example, if the height in the 320 breakpoint is the smallest of all views then you should use that value.
Muchas Gracias Pablo, give it a new try :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website