Asking help to fix my site 'structure'

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Tommaso

Asking help to fix my site 'structure'

Post by Tommaso »

Goodmorning
i didnt find any discussion that could actually help me with my problem, so here i am!
Basically, i have a 'index' page, (https://www.martel.it/) from where you can opt for the Italian or the English website, and this is a WB-project.
Then, i have TWO different WB-project, one for the italian and one for the english languages, index and italian sites are in the root of the server, english one is inside 'EN' folder (https://www.martel.it/EN/Home)
I'm pretty sure this is a workaround, and its not the correct way to achieve what i did... but the main problem is that i cant have a real sitemap!
Another problem is, in relation to this post (https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... hp?t=95373) i'm now not sure if the pages in the sitemap should have the .html extension or not (i dont think they should)

thanks in advance for any help!
wwonderfull

Re: Asking help to fix my site 'structure'

Post by wwonderfull »

You can use Google translate feature if people want to see the page in their country language. Other than that there is an option where you can select which pages have the other languages.

This is from help you can find it in Page Properties - SEO
hreflang

The hreflang attribute tells Google which language you are using on a specific page, so the search engine can serve that result to users searching in that language. The links will also be added to the site map.

More information: https://developers.google.com/search/do ... 49995&rd=1
Note:If the other language page is English language and for US then page name should be en-us and not index.en-us nor index-en-us.html after that you can specify the page in WWB page properties - Seo then go to hrflang>Annotations. And yes language pages should be in the indexes sub pages.
Last edited by wwonderfull on Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tommaso

Post by Tommaso »

i will try to learna nd understand more about what you talked, thanks!
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Tommaso wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:57 am i will try to learna nd understand more about what you talked, thanks!
You can also use JavaScript from Google to translate the page easily. In wwb go to miscellaneous ready-to use javascripts then select google translate.
Tommaso

Post by Tommaso »

wwonderfull wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:03 am
Tommaso wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:57 am i will try to learna nd understand more about what you talked, thanks!
You can also use JavaScript from Google to translate the page easily. In wwb go to miscellaneous ready-to use javascripts then select google translate.
i'm worried google translator will do a HUGE mess, since there are a looot of text, a lot of TECHNICAL terms, and stuff..
its not like "i'm selling cars" wich can be easily translated into every language without errors (definitly i'm not sayng there are no errors in our EN pages, but still) ^^
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

In that circumstances you can manually create the different language page and select the translated page on SEO and put in on the "hrflang" in that way it wont be called as duplicate content by google.
brynj

hreflang

Post by brynj »

Sorry to jump in but I need to clarify ....

From the WWB help page is a link to Google and on there (amongst a lot of other things) it says - "Localized versions of a page are only considered duplicates if the main content of the page remains untranslated." So if we have 2 identical pages (in content) but one is written in a second language is there any need to use 'hreflang' ?

Thanks
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

According to wwb Help:

hreflang

The hreflang attribute tells Google which language you are using on a specific page, so the search engine can serve that result to users searching in that language. The links will also be added to the site map.

More information: https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... 9077?hl=en

The translated pages use the same images from the main page but not the same language as the pages language has to be set according to the translation.

Actually the other pages are just translation of the index main page. So if a page is translated in other language it should be put on the hrflang annotations in that way if a different country person searches for a page it will show them their language page.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Thanks for your reply …. I did read that but doesn’t really answer my question (or i am too dense to understand it)

Does that not apply if google is handling the translation rather than the fact you have 2 pages already written in the required languages. What i have now where a user selects the language he requires and is then sent to the appropriare pages in that language.

So what SEO benefit is there to using hreflang in this case - based on my previous question it does not look as if they are classed as duplicate pages.

Thanks
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

true there is not much of a difference nor is there a duplicate content here. The search engines know that you have only one main page which has many translations or language variants.

And yes google does handle it that is the reason it shows you the different language page depending on your region but that YOU have to specify in your wwb hrflang page annotations and it will also be included in the sitemap.

So based on that google will crawl the pages and will know that you have translated pages of main page which is not duplicate and it will index it without it being duplicate because it has been specified in the hrflang annotations. If not so then it will be considered as duplicate content.

The seo benefit is that people who search in their native language in search engines will find your webpage even with their native search as your webpage is translated. It has many benefits as your traffic wont just come from English search but even from native searches also. It has benefits if you are looking for more advanced traffic for your business which wants vast traffic and uplift language problems for some users.