Background image ** SOLVED **

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
MGD4me

Background image ** SOLVED **

Post by MGD4me »

When I started using ver 17.3.1 I noticed a strange issue with background images. Today, I downloaded ver 17.3.2 to see if there would be a difference, but the issue is the same:

Most of my web pages have a very faint background image, which remains fixed in place as other text and images scroll up or down over them. That is how new web pages behaved prior to 17.3.1 (for me). Now, a new web page will either not display the background, or the image moves as the page is scrolled.

I don't think I am doing anything different than before, but the operation seems to have changed. I set the background using Page Properties, Style, and insert the image there. The work area displays the image, but disappears in Preview mode, or uploading to the server. Other Style settings are "do not repeat", "cover", with alignment "center" and "top". I tried different settings besides 'cover', without success.

I tried modifying an existing web page, which had been work well previously, but once I saved the page with the original settings, it also misbehaved.

I may have messed something up, but can't get my head around this one. Thoughts?
Last edited by MGD4me on Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Background image

Post by Pablo »

Most of my web pages have a very faint background image, which remains fixed in place as other text and images scroll up or down over them
This is not (and has never been) the default behavior.

I think this is related to your settings. This behavior has not been changed compared to previous versions.

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project (.wbs file) so I can see all your settings.

I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
MGD4me

Re: Background image

Post by MGD4me »

This is not (and has never been) the default behavior.
That is good to know, as it gives me something positive to go on. Let me do more on getting the settings worked out first. I don't want you to spend time unnecessarily if I did something obvious by mistake.

Thanks for the quick reply!
MGD4me

Re: Background image ** SOLVED **

Post by MGD4me »

In Page Properties, there is a feature in the Advanced tab to "Disable Custom Code". Once enabled, the background image issue disappeared. That gave me more to work with.

I sifted through the custom code and found an erroneous "body" tag which basically claimed ownership of the "background". Once that was corrected, all is well again.

Thanks... :o)