How can I do this?

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Alan

How can I do this?

Post by Alan »

I need to display a book cover image, a description or blurb and a series of reviews for this book.
There will be a number of different books, say 100 or so, displayed in horizontal rows.
The order of the displayed books will be randomised from time to time so no individual book is always at the top of the displayed list.

How can the book data be picked up from a database? I can fill and randomise the data order in the database using software.
What sort of container can display this data? I would guess a FlexContainer so different screen sizes can be managed responsively, but perhaps you know of a better way.
How can the number of containers be matched to a variable number of books? I.E. the number of containers on the page increases or shrinks if more or less books are in the database.

I do hope you can help and advise.
Thanks.
Pablo

Re: How can I do this?

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you can use a 'CMS card'?
Alan

Re: How can I do this?

Post by Alan »

Well, that will keep me quiet for a while.
I read through the help before posting and must have missed the CMS cards bit.
Thank you.