News on Colin

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
ColinM

News on Colin

Post by ColinM »

Hi Pablo and all,
I've been meaning/debating to post this update for some time.
To use Queen Lizzy's expression, health wise, 2022 was my 'annus horibillis'. In August I had a heart attack that required an emergency flight to Perth, Western Australia's capital. One of the emergency treatments was the administration of a clot busting drug that indiscriminately breaks up the plaque that was blocking one of the main arteries on the wall of my heart. I was warned that it could possibly cause a stroke as the broken up plaque travels through my body (cascade effect.
Sure enough, in November I sufferered an ischemic stroke that left me with a severe deficit on my left side. Lots of rehab ameliorated that but there i still some residual effect - my left movement (leg and arm) 'feels funny' and weaker.
The other more complex impact was the destruction of the admin centre of my brain - outwardly, unless you know what to look for I seem ok. It's the 'inside' (brain) stuff that is harder. I have wound back my website business as I can no longer do complex stuff - it really is hard to describe how it has effected me. Depression is of course a big enemy and requires constant vigilance.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
KingSparta

Re: News on Colin

Post by KingSparta »

Dang, Try to get better my dad had a stroke once, took some time for him to get better, but he made it and was back to normal given time.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for the update
I'm sorry to hear that your health got worse since we last had contact.
I wish you all the best in these difficult times and I hope you will recover as good as possible.

Pablo
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

KingSparta wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:24 am Dang, Try to get better my dad had a stroke once, took some time for him to get better, but he made it and was back to normal given time.
Thanks KS, every stroke is different - time will tell. 8)
Pablo wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:55 am Thanks for the update
I'm sorry to hear that your health got worse since we last had contact.
I wish you all the best in these difficult times and I hope you will recover as good as possible.

Pablo
Thanks Pablo!
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
zinc

Post by zinc »

Wish you a fast and speedy recovery Collin.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

zinc wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 am Wish you a fast and speed recovery Collin.
Thanks Zinc 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
miguelss

Post by miguelss »

Hi Colin,

Take care and hope you recover asap!
M.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Colin thanks for the update. Good to hear you are making progress however slowly it is. Please keep positive thoughts as each day is a "New" challenge and you can do it... take care mate.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Thanks for sharing the update colin M, as bacon said it is ture to stay positive. Be healthy. Stay positive and keep moving forward.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sending best wishes and encouraging you to do what is best for you, in the best way that is best for you.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Thanks every body for the expression of care and the wellness messages! 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

Colin you know Im only a phone call away, Im sure there is times you may feel the need for a chat.
Looking forward to hearing from you when your up to it.
Take Care
Graham
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

GrahamW wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:00 am Colin you know Im only a phone call away, Im sure there is times you may feel the need for a chat.
Looking forward to hearing from you when your up to it.
Take Care
Graham
Thanks Graham, my friend, I appreciate that, I know you are hell (australian) , proper (england) :D busy, so I try to keep that to a minimum. But comforting to know you are there - been keeping my busy by renovating our 1960s home - only took a heart attack, stroke and 17 years! :lol: :roll:

Finances have been tight since I had to down scale my business, relying on my wife's wages with dribs and drabs amount coming in from domain and hosting renewals - although that too has dropped as Clients decide (fair enough) to go elsewhere - which is a nightmare - there's a lot of people out there that call themselves website designers, choose to provide hosting and domain and know squat about the platform technical stuff (DNS etc).
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi Colin... noticed this thread now. So sorry to read about, but wish you a speedy recovery though strokes are all different and need different efforts. Had some minor strokes myself that could be handled with physical training. My brother had a big stroke that needs mind practice.
Maintain good faith and practice and you will come back faster than you think.
Best regards
"Make My Day"

See my Website
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Thanks Bluesman 8) Its the admin center of my brain thats the worst - I find it hard to do technical things - causses stress, anxiety, confusion, headaches and blankness.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

ColinM wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 am Thanks Bluesman 8) Its the admin center of my brain thats the worst - I find it hard to do technical things - causses stress, anxiety, confusion, headaches and blankness.
Hi again Colin, I'm sitting nightguard in our neighborhood here in Quito, the criminality is extremely high. It's a result of the hard covid restrictions we had and that we have a lot of refugees coming from Colombia and Venezuela.
I have not any medical education but a lot of experience helping my brother. He had a very serious stroke in his brain and we thought at the moment that we lost him, but miraculously he came back after being unconscious for more than a week. His wife and children had a hard time to face the situation so I took him to my home for a period and noticed that it was the (short-term) memory that had taken the biggest damage to him.
I started a selfinvented practice with him... Every morning at breakfast I asked him about the closest days that passed... we repeated what happend and things we decided and he had to fill in a notebook important things for his life and family. All the symptoms you mention I can refer to him.
If you want to write and have a conversation with me you can contact me thtough my form on the webpage in the link on my posts. Keep well Colin.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi Bluesman,
Sorry to hear the situation at Quito. Yes the 'mental stuff' is the hardest to deal with. Thanks for reaching out. Will (try to ) keep that in mind.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

ColinM wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:15 am Hi Bluesman,
Sorry to hear the situation at Quito. Yes the 'mental stuff' is the hardest to deal with. Thanks for reaching out. Will (try to ) keep that in mind.
Your welcome Colin
"Make My Day"

See my Website