How do I get a textbox to keep max height of the layout grid height?

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
snpwire

How do I get a textbox to keep max height of the layout grid height?

Post by snpwire »

Hello forum,

I was trying to find the correct way to search or ask this question without being too confusing..

I am trying to get objects, particularly textbox objects, to keep the full height of a flex or layout grid's height. I tampered around in the CSS but could not find a solution for this to work. :?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

mhz
bkjohns

Re: How do I get a textbox to keep max height of the layout grid height?

Post by bkjohns »

WebBuilderTemplates.com has an extension called Full Height Columns that works very well for layout grids. Never tried it with flexbox. That site is run by Crispy that is on this forum quite often. Take a look at their extensions and templates. They are very useful and work well.
snpwire

Post by snpwire »

Ok, Thanks.. I wil check this out. 8)
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I'm not sure I understand the issue.

When I put a text box in a flex grid, it automatically goes as wide and long as it needs to. All I do is set the fullwidth paramater to "true" and enable responsive fonts.

Here's a simple example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm79in45drbr2 ... t.wbs?dl=1

What am I missing?

Alan
snpwire

Post by snpwire »

Thanks alan_sh, that was able to get me to play around and get what I wanted.

It appears, and this may sound newbie, that I had to use a footer to get the full height of the textbox to stay length of the gridlay using, as you mentioned, the flexgrid. I had previously used the flex container which could not get the achieved full height for the textbox.

The primary reason I was needing this was to keep a consistent even height for adjacent textboxes (3each) that I needed the colored backgrounds to stay the same height.

If you take the linked file you kindly gave me and color the textboxes background color in each column, you will see hat I was trying to explain. One textbox background will be uneven in height, not giving a good look when adjacent (side by side). So this really helped me.. Thanks alot! :D

mhz
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Have you looked at cards and a card container? You can make them all equal heights easily.

Alan
snpwire

Post by snpwire »

Hey Alan,

Yes, that was my initial get around until now. I like the cards, other than the text items being very small when editing, however, a few of my textbox looks are just simple with maybe a header at top. But the cards are great!

Thanks alan_sh 8)

mhz.