Looking for a new web server

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
GarethI

Looking for a new web server

Post by GarethI »

Hi All!
I've been using wysiwyg for sometime. possibly since I created the first website for my business in 2009. I've also had my website hosted with the same American company. Things seems to have progressively gotten slower over the years.
I've been optimising my site, removing parts, cropping / reducing images etc., and it's receiving a poor speed performance. I've had very little help from their support - other than them pointing out that my page is taking a long time to load (Duh).
I created a page with 3 lines of text, and the website speed test from Pingdom reports:

A performance grade of 100, a page size of 271.0 B, 1 request - but the load time is 37.71 s

DNS 262.3 ms
SSL 0 ms
Connect 129.2 ms
Send 0,1 ms
Wait 7448.4 ms
Receive 0ms
Block 0ms

To be fair I repeated the test as the previous test took 41 seconds.

I'm based in the UK, and am looking at moving my site to a new supplier.
This is something that I haven't done before, so unsure of the process.
BUT, can anyone recommend a reliable provider at a reasonable cost? - Godaddy etc. ?

Many thanks in advance!
crispy68

Re: Looking for a new web server

Post by crispy68 »

I moved to Hostinger a few years ago and have had no problems with them. Very reasonable prices.
zinc

Post by zinc »

I too am UK based and have been using these guys for almost 10 years!!! Highly recommend them!

https://www.ionos.co.uk/
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
GarethI

Post by GarethI »

I'm literally just of a chat session with IONOS, but they said that their web hosting would not be compatible with a site builder.... ?
zinc

Post by zinc »

GarethI wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:53 pm I'm literally just of a chat session with IONOS, but they said that their web hosting would not be compatible with a site builder.... ?
Utter horseradish!! put the phone down on them but still go with them. :D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I would have probably said bull*h*t. Can't understand why they have even said that or any hosting provider!. After all all your are simply doing is designing the site(s) in WYSIWYG Web Builder then save the generated HTML pages then publish it to the host server to be displayed on the web. It doesn't matter what you use to build, design Web pages they are all site builders in oneway or another even the ones the host/server provides themselves .
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I use LCN for mine. Very fast and superb support.

Alan
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hello GarethI,

I don't know if you have already made a decision, would you consider hosting in Germany?

I have a little company near Stuttgart, where I host my customer on my own server.
I offer content management systems, shops, domains, server and support.
Every customer has his free "administration area" in english, german, etc.
99% server availability in year, 1000 GB, 2 Databases, 30 Emails and daily backup of the data for 75 EUR /year.
Support via email, skype.

If this is interesting for you, please contact me.

Best Regards, Adrian
Best Regards, Adrian

Rogarema.net