PayPal Buy Now Buttons

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
mcruss

PayPal Buy Now Buttons

Post by mcruss »

I have read all the posts about PayPal buttons and tried the fixes with no luck. So I contacted PayPal and they advised that I need to link an 'API Certificate' somehow in WYSIWYG. I'm sorry but I don't have a clue how to do that. I have the 'API Certificate' password, fingerprint, etc. along with the actual Certificate but no idea what to do with them. I'd post the HTML code but it is the standard 'PayPal Buy Now' button that has been posted here before.

Here's the link to the website:
www.cathysfinechocolate.com

Russ Locke
Pablo

Re: PayPal Buy Now Buttons

Post by Pablo »

What is the exact problem?
Can you please be more specific?
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

The exact problem is just what several others have said "The 'PayPal Add To Cart" button returns an error message from PayPal. IF I change the 'business name' to paypal.cathysfinechocolate.com, it will take a payment BUT puts the payment on hold as that is not a valid PayPal account. The valid account is cathyssweets@gmail.com. Now PayPal says I need to add an API Certificate to the website or the button HTML. I have no idea how to do that and from what I see, I should not have to.

Here is a link to see the error: http://cathysfinechocolate.com/bars.html Click on Add to Cart under Dark Chocolate Bars and you will get the error message.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry, I also am not familiar with PayPal's API Certificate. But it looks like a different, more complicated way of integrating with PayPal.
But why can you add the email address to your PayPal account?
I have multiple email addresses associated with my PayPal account and that seems work correct.
mcruss

Post by mcruss »

Thank you for the prompt reply. I agree that it is more complicated (and supposedly more secure) but the email address I'm using IS the email address on PayPal. I'll try to add a different address but not sure where that would be. PayPal and I are not getting alone well at this point......(humor).