link text changing size when published

Issues related to hyperlinks and web site navigation.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/links.html
larryb

link text changing size when published

Post by larryb »

When publishing a page with links that point to other pages within my website, the text size for the link changes from font size 18 to 10. The rest of the text on the page publishes as it should. Only the link is changing.

Interestingly enough, on one page I have 5 links. For the first 3, the link text is changing from font size 18 to 10 when published but the last 2 are publishing as 18. All links were created using the same method and sequence.

I have refreshed the page using F5. I have also gone into settings and deleted all cookies and web data. I have also checked another computer and it displays the same results.

Any help greatly appreciated
crispy68

Re: link text changing size when published

Post by crispy68 »

Do you have a link to the page?
larryb

Post by larryb »

https://lightbeemzphoto.com

the "vehicles" link is the culprit and if you follow that link to the vehicles page you will see the 3 small 2 regular links
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Make sure you are applying the text size to the text object itself. The font sizes are simply different between the objects. Also, if you are wanting links in a vertical line on the page, it is not necessary to use a table for this. Tables are not used for layouts anymore.
larryb

Post by larryb »

I created the text for the link by typing it then highlighting it and changed the font/size/color/etc to my liking. Then I highlighted the text and then hit ctr/k to create the link. Is that not correct?

I used the table for the text because I thought it kept everything nice and tidy and easier to place/move around on the page. Perhaps using the table is the problem? But then why did 2 of the 5 links publish properly on the vehicles index page?

I wish I knew more about this stuff. :cry:
larryb

Post by larryb »

Apparently the table was the problem. I just redid both the front page and the vehicles page using just text and the links published properly.

Thanks for the help Crispy68!