New Website for the Diocese

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
wixily

New Website for the Diocese

Post by wixily »

Hi Wbers
Compliment of the season!

Just lanuched the website i designed for the Catholic Diocese of Minna - Nigeria. I will appreciate your thoughts and feedback, the website is live @ https://minnadiocese.org/index.html

I am still giving a Finishing touch to some of the pages

:idea: :idea: :idea:
alan_sh

Re: New Website for the Diocese

Post by alan_sh »

It looks nice, but there's a "Learn More" button in the middle of the top picture that doesn't seem to do anything. At least, I think it's a button.

Alan
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

It looks nice, but there's a "Learn More" button in the middle of the top picture that doesn't seem to do anything. At least, I think it's a button.
Works for me...onclick it takes me to "Our History and Facts"
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

On my.mobile the learn more button does not work either.
wixily

Post by wixily »

alan_sh wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:17 pm It looks nice, but there's a "Learn More" button in the middle of the top picture that doesn't seem to do anything. At least, I think it's a button.

Alan
Yea I noticed it now. It only works on the first carousel image. Thanks for the thumbs up I will fix that tomorrow
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Good Website. The flaws of the designs were that the font you had chosen which is 'Barlow Condensed' I think in some places is too small compare to the other texts. Along with that the font seems to be too thin and has less letter spacing which may cause problem with people with eye problems so always refrain from using thin fonts try to use sans-sheriff or roboto or something more visual. And your background and foreground color #F5F5F5 failed on the color contrast test the font color is #FFD700 which needs more contrast to pass accessibility test along with button sizing. That is According to Google lighthouse report.

wixily

Post by wixily »

wwonderfull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:58 am Good Website. The flaws of the designs were that the font you had chosen which is 'Barlow Condensed' I think in some places is too small compare to the other texts. Along with that the font seems to be too thin and has less letter spacing which may cause problem with people with eye problems so always refrain from using thin fonts try to use sans-sheriff or roboto or something more visual. And your background and foreground color #F5F5F5 failed on the color contrast test the font color is #FFD700 which needs more contrast to pass accessibility test along with button sizing. That is According to Google lighthouse report.

Thes are valid points that you have raised here. I shall always bear them in mind. I will be updating the site later this week