5 Star Rating (FREE)-UPDATED

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
mfirlotte

5 Star Rating (FREE)-UPDATED

Post by mfirlotte »

UPDATE 4: Added ability to see all property changes while in Design Mode.

UPDATE 3: Added Border Color and Border Size properties.

UPDATE 2: Added an additional 10 icon choices to choose from.

At this time, the extension works in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome but NOT in Firefox.

UPDATE: Updated to v6. Includes ability to choose the size of the star icon and design-time extension image changes to proper size.

Hi all...my 2nd kick at making an extension and the first time sharing. This one includes HTML, CSS, a text-based database, and PHP code. It's not as fancy as some of the paid versions but after all, this one is FREE and was exactly what I needed for my project. It was also a lot of fun to code and use the Extension Builder. It's been a while since I've coded.

The initial Star Rating HTML and CSS code was derived from various freely available online tutorials. Modifications to the HTML and CSS, flat file connectivity, and PHP code were developed by myself (I'm a retired developer by trade).

This simple WYSIWYG Web Builder extension provides a 5 Star Rating system, with Reviews, that is connected to a flat file and records the star rating and review per product ID. It displays the Number of Reviews to date for this product and the Reviews can be enabled or disabled via a property. It can also display ALL ratings and reviews for a product to date (ADMIN). There are 12 icon choices available and several other customizations.

Documentation is included in the ZIP file and a Demo project is visible here: https://www.firlottecreations.com/test6/) are . If you enter the word 'ADMIN' into a review box, no quotes or enter key stroke, then click Submit, you will be shown a page that displays all ratings and reviews for that product ID if Reviews were enabled.

The package can be downloaded from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5coh904d ... 6.zip/file

Enjoy.
Last edited by mfirlotte on Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
====
Mitch
====
crispy68

Re: 5 Star Rating (FREE)-UPDATED

Post by crispy68 »

Hey Mitch,
The link to your demo takes me to a page about creating QR codes.
mfirlotte

Re: 5 Star Rating (FREE)-UPDATED

Post by mfirlotte »

Sorry about that. Was playing around and changed directories. I have updated the link above...to '/test6/'.

I tend to write a lot of code and often overwrite the 'test' directory.
====
Mitch
====