SEO Text Object <h1> layout grid/layer breakpoint issue

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Metalmaster

Post by Metalmaster »

In a Layout Grid I Have text object on responsive site and want to give it a <h1> tag for SEO. In text object properties I select "enable responsive text" and Style "none". In managed breakpoints properties I selected "Active above breakpoint". My page max width is 1200px. The resulting text object has no <h1> tag, Why?
Also if I select style "Heading <h1>, with or without "enable responsive text" selected the Text behaves as responsively up to 1198 px them at 1199px and above the Text object text font size reduces to a smaller fixed size, when I expected it to stay same size as at 1200px as defined in the style property of the text object. Why?

I have experimented with every permutation and combination of these settings, including inline text setting with no result.

What I want is to create a text object the is responsive that I can give a <h1> tag and obeys the max width rule!

appreciate any assistance
Pablo

Re: SEO Text Object <h1> layout grid/layer breakpoint issue

Post by Pablo »

If you enable responsive text then the entire text will have the same style, otherwise it cannot be responsive.

See also:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/responsive_text.html
Metalmaster

Post by Metalmaster »

Thank you for your quick reply, appreciated.
This resolves the font size of 40pt when device is 1200px or more but doesn't resolve the <h1> requirement for SEO say in a Title.
The HTML code has a <strong> tag and not <h1> as defined in the style for that text object. property.

So I want a responsive font text object with a <h1> and I'm achieving a responsive font with <strong> tag.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Why not use the dedicated heading object?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To insert a responsive text object with heading <h1>"
- insert a 'responsive text' object
- select/highlight the text
- apply the heading style (via the ribbon style palette).
Metalmaster

Post by Metalmaster »

Thank you Pablo and crispy68 for your suggestions.
After extensive testing of different combinations of these settings to achieve, with confidence a reliable way to get <h1> tag with responsive text object and a max width, is as follows:
a) Set up Heading <h1> tag for every breakpoint of your responsive text object via the style manager, which is found within the Tool menu Ribbon.
b) Select: Style manager > General Styles Tab > Heading <h1> > Edit ---- The style properties dialogue appears
c) Select Default and a dropdown will show more options, Select option Breakpoint Manager and Breakpoint Manager properties dialogue will open,
d) Select Add, enter each of your required Breakpoints > OK
e) With the Breakpoint set at Default, scroll down the properties to Font Size and set the font size to fit your Maximum Page Width - Do not click OK
f) Repeat this for every breakpoint then > OK out of Style properties then > OK out of Style Manager
Your Style Heading <h1> tag, has all your breakpoints within one selection.

So, Crispy68 and Pablo you were both right!
Thanks for your suggestions I wouldn't been able to work it without them.
Metalmaster

Post by Metalmaster »

Crispy68 your suggestion to use the Heading tool however, with styling (none) and setting the font size for each breakpoint was the most solid and predictable in behavior. So I will be using Heading tag this way from now on.

Thanks so much, I have been working on this issue for over 7 days - Thanks again appreciated.