Single View

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
brynj

Single View

Post by brynj »

Is there an easy way to achieve this …….

I want a single page site with one page view (not a scrolling page).
A menu will give 11 options to choose from.
When a selection is made it will hide the previous choice and replace with the new selection.

The problem is i would never know which previous page was being displayed so i cannot just hide choice 1 and view choice 6 for example.

I guess i could use events to hide every other possible choice (hide choice 1,2,3,4, etc) but would need to do this for every menu option which seems a long way to achieve what i want - if this is what i need to do then is there an easy way to copy events from one menu item to another to save time and effort ?

Hope that makes sense
Pablo

Re: Single View

Post by Pablo »

There is no standard solution.
If you want to keep track of the previous choices then you will need to implement a script for that.

You can use the 'copy/paste' button in the events window to copy/paste events between objects.
brynj

Post by brynj »

OK thanks for the response. I can copy/paste event entries one at a time but I don't seem able to select all entries to copy/paste (as there will be 11 event entries per menu item) - is that correct or am I missing something ?
Thanks again
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you use copy then all events will be copied.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Ok thanks - that helps
brynj

Post by brynj »

Sorry another question - can you hide/show 'cards' as for some reason its not working at the moment - I will keep trying but just want to make sure it should work. Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It should work.

If you need help then please share a DEMO project so I can see what you are trying to do.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Now this seems strange

I know I am missing something !

I am using the Responsive Menu and hide/show does not work ....
I added buttons and copied and pasted the events and the menu then works as expected.
I deleted the buttons - menu does not work
Re-added the buttons and hid them (as I don't want them but for some reason they make the menu work) - menu works as expected.

The demo is very basic but shows what I am seeing. Using the menu things work as expected - now delete the 2 buttons and try the menu again .... for me the menu does not work without the buttons :)

https://file.io/D7eH27MgdlVr
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

For floating (flexible) content you will need to use 'showwitheffects', otherwise the visibility will not be updated.
If you do not want to use effects, then set the effect to 'fade' and length to 0.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Ok thanks - will try it.
brynj

Post by brynj »

Pablo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:24 am For floating (flexible) content you will need to use 'showwitheffects', otherwise the visibility will not be updated.
If you do not want to use effects, then set the effect to 'fade' and length to 0.
Sorry but where do I find those settings ?
brynj

Post by brynj »

Its OK - I have found it thanks
onlye

Post by onlye »

Maybe try Tabs? Make each choice a Tab and then you can put the information in that Tab Page.

I have a site that needs two versions of a form. Instead of putting both forms on the page, making it really long, I tried tabs. Each form is an HTML Object in the Tab. Worked out ok. You can see it on the page below. Scroll down the page to the Tab sections for forms.

https://tatecountyfair.org/vendor.html
onlye
Gluckstadt, MS USA
brynj

Post by brynj »

onlye wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:41 pm Maybe try Tabs? Make each choice a Tab and then you can put the information in that Tab Page.

I have a site that needs two versions of a form. Instead of putting both forms on the page, making it really long, I tried tabs. Each form is an HTML Object in the Tab. Worked out ok. You can see it on the page below. Scroll down the page to the Tab sections for forms.

https://tatecountyfair.org/vendor.html
Thanks but with Pablo's assistance I have a working site now. The only slight issue I have is ...... the 'ResponsiveMenu' has a tick box that says 'close menu on link click' which is ticked - but it doesn't have any effect on Windows or my iPad. Its not a huge issue as moving the mouse/pointer off the menu closes it. It would have been better if the menu closed after a selection is made - any thoughts ?

The strange thing is it does work on my iphone which uses a 320 breakpoint

Thanks