Cards

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Keith Hughes

Cards

Post by Keith Hughes »

Can anyone advise me how to make cards a fixed height? I have them in a card container, but they are never the same height. Each card has different amounts of text but I want to make the button always at the same height. Should I use dividers to adjust the height?
crispy68

Re: Cards

Post by crispy68 »

Going by memory here, I believe setting the card container as a card deck or grid there is an option to tick for same height.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

To make all card the same height you can use a card container.
Or if you use layout grids then you can set the minimum height of the card.

You can see this on the homepage, where all cards have the same height:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/
Keith Hughes

Post by Keith Hughes »

I must be doing something seriously wrong because If I try to use cards either in a layout grid or a card container. Everything is OK on a desktop but as soon as I view it on a mobile everything below the cards gets overlayed by the cards a right mess!!!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you need help, then please share a DEMO project.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134
gofrank

Post by gofrank »

I'm having this same issue with the card container set to "card deck". Container has four cards that are equal in height in Default view, different heights at 1024px.
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

When you mention 1024 breakpoint, are you referring to the page breakpoint or the breakpoint in the card container? If you are referring to the bp in the card container, that switches the cards to stacked mode and they are not the same height at this point. Only when horizontal.

A card container is based on flexbox properties. Once it goes to vertical there is no way for them to be all the same height without setting a fixed height to them.
gofrank

Post by gofrank »

Hi, Crispy!

I'm referring to the page breakpoint.

Aaaannnndddd...never mind! Upon revisiting the project after installing the latest hot fix, I see the setting had somehow switched to "card columns" instead of "card deck". So, this was my bad and everything is working fine.
Last edited by gofrank on Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

So what do you have the card container breakpoint set to? As long as the card container is horizontal regardless of the page breakpoint, the cards are all the same height. They are not the same height once they go vertical.

For example, if I set the card container bp to zero, the card container stays horizontal. My cards are all the same height even with adding page breakpoints. The cards just get really skinny of course.
gofrank

Post by gofrank »

See my reply above. It was operator error. ;)