Font size inconsistency

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Emerald Diving

Font size inconsistency

Post by Emerald Diving »

Hello WWB forum - I have another newbie question. When I build and configure a page with a static font size and preview the page, everything lines up and look correct on my laptap screen. Once I publish that same page, the font size seems to increase dramatically. This only started happening after I upgraded to WWB18 from WWB12 (I know that is quite a gap). Any suggestions? How should I be be building these pages?

Example of correct legacy page: https://www.emeralddiving.com/id_rockfish.html

Example of page rebuilt with WWB18: https://www.emeralddiving.com/id_nudibranchs.html

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
jerryco

Re: Font size inconsistency

Post by jerryco »

Did you do a full publish?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

There is no difference between preview or publishing the same code is generated. If there is a difference it usually means:

1. There are files missing from your server that need uploaded
2. Other files were changed/modified and need uploading to replace the older file on the server

It is best to do a full upload so that all files get updated and are not missed.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This issue is most likely related the DPI configuration:
viewtopic.php?t=85917
Emerald Diving

Post by Emerald Diving »

I did a complete reload of the site and tried with and without DPI set. Now all the text in the text boxes throughout the entire website is oversized. Any ideas? The site is basically unusable at this point. Thanks!
Emerald Diving

Post by Emerald Diving »

It something to do with the scaling of text boxes. Everything else seems OK. At least now the preview is showing the same distortion, so it is consistent. Could it be a webpage size parameter it is using as a gauge or....?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you try all suggestions from the FAQ?
viewtopic.php?t=85917
Emerald Diving

Post by Emerald Diving »

Yeah - I have run through the FAQ suggestions already. Two observations:
1. For some reason, once I upgraded to WWB18 all the text box font setting changed from Arial 10 to something larger than 10 - although scale-wise it looks correct in the editor.
2. If I reset a text box font to Arial 10, the scale in the editor is nowhere near correct. It is far too small scale-wise.

It's as if the editor is interpreting the text it reads on the original page as a larger font than Arial 10. The scale of all the images is fine and unchanged.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I still think this is related to the DPI configuration.
WB12 did not support High DPI, so it used Windows standard (fuzzy) scaling.
WB18 supports High DPI, so the fonts are rendered based on the DPI configuration.

If you search this forum for related issues then you will see that all of them were solved by adjusting the DPI settings, so I am pretty sure that will also work for you.
In most cases, enabling High DPI support will solve it. In some cases you may also need to update the Windows compatibility settings.
Emerald Diving

Post by Emerald Diving »

Ok - it is working now I am not sure why, but everything is now lining up the way it should. Whew! :) Thanks for your support.
thisazlife

Post by thisazlife »

What did you do to correct your problem? This sounds like same issue I'm having since upgrading to v18 from 17. Websites are fine until I republish then text size goes crazy. I can change and republish and then something else happens. Some links no longer work and I can't figure out why... very strange.
Steve Colbeth
Arizona Real Estate Agent / Consultant
http://stevecolbeth.com
me@stevecolbeth.com
Chandler, Arizona - USA
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Issues with text size are generally related to DPI settings have you read the following
viewtopic.php?t=85917
Maybe it is as your previous post regarding links.
viewtopic.php?t=95482