FORM NOT GOING TO SUCCESS PAGE

Issues related to forms.
lgmfls

FORM NOT GOING TO SUCCESS PAGE

Post by lgmfls »

Hello Pablo and all,

I am having trouble with a form that I had working with everything including the success and error pages, autoresponder, receiving the emails and everything. But I needed to make some changes to the validations since I only use a math captcha in the form, and now I can't seem to get the form to even go to the success page anymore.

Instead, after entering in all the data for the required fields and uploading some pdf documents, upon pressing send, the form goes to https://sharecommunitydevelopmentcorp.com/careers.php instead of the success page. This page then also shows as blank, instead of the actual page. But if you type that address in directly, you would actually see that page correctly, so it's kind of weird on top of not working.

The form on the page is set to php, and the success and error pages are set to html.

The link to download just the form alone in a project page to look at the settings is: https://sharecommunitydevelopmentcorp.com/page1

Any help or if you can figure out what I'm doing wrong, would be highly appreciated.
Pablo

Re: FORM NOT GOING TO SUCCESS PAGE

Post by Pablo »

In your demo project you have added captcha, but the error page is not set to a valid page.
Everything else seems to be correct.
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Thank you for your response Pablo.

Yes, as I mentioned in the first post, I used the math captcha. But even when I remove it the action remains the same.

The success page is set from in the form choosing from the pages I made which is: careersconfirmation
The error page likewise is set the same way, which is: careerserror

When you say the error page is set incorrectly, what are you seeing that I am not seeing?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In the project you have shared there is no error page, so it is difficult to say if it has been setup correctly.
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Thanks for your reply Pablo.

What could be causing that error then? Because I definitely have an error page assigned to it.

I even changed the error page to the error page from another form on the site to see if that would work, but it's giving the same behavior.

Have you ever seen anything like this happen before?

Are you able to use the project I gave you and create a basic success and error page on your end, upload it anywhere and see if the form works for you?

I definitely have the error page assigned in the form area, so I'm not sure why it is not showing that to you in the project file that I sent to you. It shows it in the file before I upload it for you to download.
WWBman

Post by WWBman »

Did you delete the success and error pages from the Site Manager before uploading the demo?
They are not in the Site Manager.
I think that would explain why the entries contain # instead of the relevant pages from the Site Manager.
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Oh I think I understand why they are not in the demo.

To make a project for Pablo to view, I made a new project and imported the page with the form only so that all other stuff would not be there. I didn't import the success and error page though. I will make that change and reupload it to the download link now.

In my actual page though that I'm uploading to my server, the success and error pages are in the project and uploaded also.

I'm working on building a new form that so far seems to be working. One thing that I have noticed is that when a large file is upload, the google analytics takes a long time to process it and keeps it from going to the success page quickly. So in the forms that I'm testing now, I'm taking google analytics off of the page and so far it seems to be processing much much faster.

I'm not sure if that is what is wrong with the other form, but I will look into it also.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for updating the project.
However, it is still not correct.

The captcha object is not configured to go to the error page.
Maybe in your original project is going to another page?

Also, in the auto responder reply there is a single quote, this should be escaped otherwise it will break the script.
If you haven't done so already
should be
If you haven\'t done so already,
lgmfls

Post by lgmfls »

Pablo wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:50 am Thanks for updating the project.
However, it is still not correct.

The captcha object is not configured to go to the error page.
Maybe in your original project is going to another page?

Also, in the auto responder reply there is a single quote, this should be escaped otherwise it will break the script.
If you haven't done so already
should be
If you haven\'t done so already,
Thank you Pablo and WWBman for your replies and help.

Pablo I just started over and created a new form from scratch to try to get it to work. You can see the new form working at
https://sharecommunitydevelopmentcorp.com/careers

One thing that I did was not to include any validation on any of the elements so far, so maybe that helps to get rid of the problem.

Another thing is that the form was it's own layout grid inside of another layout grid on the right side originally. Now it's just the main grid is the form with the form elements on the right side. I don't know if that had any effect on it working now or not.

I had the captcha configured to go to the same error page as the main error message, or does Captcha have to have it's own dedicated error page?

I have the autoresponder working just fine now, so I'm not sure if I corrected what you meant by accident or if it just worked once the success page problem was rectified.

So the form on the careers page works when I test it now and goes to the success page and sends the form information as well as the autoresponder message with no problem. But when I tried to copy the exact same form elements to use on another page (contractors) and just changed the ID names, success and error pages, email addresses, etc.; the exact same form doesn't work on that page and does what my original message said.

Is the issue that you can not copy a form from one page to another to use again, and that you have to recreate the form from scratch in order for it to work on another page? Or what else should I be doing when copying a working form from one page to another to ensure that it works the same as on the original page?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I had the captcha configured to go to the same error page as the main error message, or does Captcha have to have it's own dedicated error page?
No

I think the issue was related to the quote inside the auto responder text. There was not need to redo your form.