Newly Rebuilt Site for Multifamily Development Company

You can use this section of the forum to show your website created with WYSIWYG Web Builder to other users.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST or your post may be deleted!

This forum is for users to display their websites created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.

Rules for posting in this section:
1) Do not ask any WYSIWYG Web Builder help or support related questions here.
2) Do not Promote your website on somebody elses thread.
3) Do not start more than one thread about your site.
4) Do not say anything negative or mean about somebody's site. Constructive criticism is great and encouraged, but being deliberately nasty will not be tolerated.
5) Do not post any site that is not created with WYSIWYG Web Builder.
6) Do not BUMP your post unnecessarily/repetitively.
7) Do not speak/type in another language than English. That way everyone can understand you.
lgmfls

Newly Rebuilt Site for Multifamily Development Company

Post by lgmfls »

I completely redesigned and rebuilt my old site (viewtopic.php?t=93975) still using WB17 as I haven't upgraded yet to 18.

https://sharecommunitydevelopmentcorp.com

The site is large with over 120 total pages. Built using layout grids in addition to 8 breakpoints! (that was a lot of work and took me forever to figure out mobile using masterframes)

I initially tried to get several people to build this site for me using Wysiwyg Web Builder, Wordpress, and other coding methods, but ultimately to get close to what I wanted I ended up having to do it myself due to time and other constraints in trying to get someone else to do a site with this many pages and the amount of content.

I'm still learning as I don't build sites except for myself and only read this forum when I'm trying to figure out how to use the software properly, as I'm currently doing with trying to get all of my forms working properly.

I know I still have some work to do with some errors, SEO, better ways to display content, etc., so any constructive criticism is welcomed to help me make the site better over time.

I think I will be changing, adding to, improving and making the site better over the next year, or until I can find a full time web person to focus on it for me while I devote all of my attention to the other aspects of the business.

Thanks in advance for any comments, or advice from any who take the time to chime in!
wwonderfull

Re: Newly Rebuilt Site for Multifamily Development Company

Post by wwonderfull »

lgmfls wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:38 pm I initially tried to get several people to build this site for me using Wysiwyg Web Builder, Wordpress, and other coding methods, but ultimately to get close to what I wanted I ended up having to do it myself due to time and other constraints in trying to get someone else to do a site with this many pages and the amount of content.
When you want something your way its hard for designers to think their way. Cooperation is the key. If you wanted a dream website then what I see now still needs more real work than dream work for sure.

Your site has improved in terms of design for sure compared to it's past. But I still think the contents the images could have been shown better. I like to do experiments with SEO for sure. Looks like a decent site to work on to be honest.

As it seems more like a real estate website. I think It could be made amazing as you have an asset to show. That means if the website is eye catching to the people then it brings more professionality to the business too some how.

Simplicity has its own elegance to be honest. The mouse cursor thing i would not have used cause its not about the pointer but more about the realestate and the way the content is being shown so more focus on that. The menu could be improved more better and more related and organized. For example when I went to your "ABOUT SCDC" text in the main menu then the sub menu showed "Our Story". I clicked there and there came 10 to 11 more sub menus directing to pages which has a single image and some few words. I think it would have been better to make a single about SCDC and put a menu over it to stack all those 10- 11 sections in one page so it would be more rich for users to scroll one page and see what this is all about instead of visiting 11 pages every time to see a small bit of information in a small section. It can be beautified in my opinion. So it really needs proper SEO and organization of content according to nice webdesign and content placement. The website could be made more lightweight and fast and also more rich with just some retouch and adjustments.

The forms could be made much better from my perspective. And also very elegantly and for users to find it more user friendly. There are alot of pages in this website so I think there is a lot more I could tell. But if you need any help regarding your large project then maybe I can help you with it according to terms. It would take a note worthy amount of work to fix the 120+ page website but only if you are up for it.