Email form not working

Issues related to forms.
papsy

Email form not working

Post by papsy »

Hi

This problem has cropped up again.

Very simple email form, just doesn't work. I don't receive the emails sent.

I can fill in the fields, submit and get the success message.

I have another site, on the same server. with a more complicated form but using the same details and it works.

The site where the form doesn't work is www.theswagmannews.com

and the site where the form works is www.nice-bike.com

Can you please let me know why one forms works and the other doesn't.

Using Webbuilder 15

Regards
Andrew
Pablo

Re: Email form not working

Post by Pablo »

Did you try the suggestions from the FAQ?
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=32967
papsy

Post by papsy »

Yes
papsy

Post by papsy »

I want a simple answer, I use the form provided. One site they work the other they don't you must have and answer..
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is no simple answer.
It depends on your form configuration and the functionality provided by your webhost.
You will need to be more specific about the error (in the server) before I can help you.

If it has previously worked and suddenly stopped working then it's most likely an issue on the server side.
There can be many reasons for the email not sent by your webhost. For example, they may have upgraded the server or the specified 'from address' is not allowed. or the server may have other restrictions.
Only your web host can tell you the exact reason why it does not work, then based on their feedback you can change the settings of your form.

Also, note that WWB15 is not compatible with PHP8.
papsy

Post by papsy »

Not using Php8... so that's it... you dont have an answer?

I will figure it out myself, but very disappointed that you don't know.

Andrew
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I cannot give you an answer unless you give me more details about the error on the server.
There is no way for me to know what you have done and how the server is configured.
Once you give me all the requested information then I might be able to tell you what is wrong.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Wow! Why is it Pablo's fault your form is not working? You said yourself another form on your server is working that's more complicated but this one isn't. This should tell you it may not be WB but something else either configured wrong or it could be a hosting issue. I think Pablo tried to give you some direction. Have you actually reached out to your host?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I want a simple answer, I use the form provided. One site they work the other they don't you must have and answer..
What makes you think Pablo must have an answer to why is is not working!!! If it suddenly stops working and you haven't made any changes to it then it means something has changed on the server.

If a change has been made on the server how do you expect Pablo to know this...do you really think he knows what the settings are and what might have changed.

I note you have had previous issues with your form(s) how did you resolve it was it a server issue or was it something with the form.

Without you being more specific then there is not much that can be done to help you. So please try to give as much information as possible to get the best possible answer to help.
papsy

Post by papsy »

Both forms have now stopped sending... I reached out to my host/server and they said it's your side.

I am frustrated, and it is costing money in lost bookings.

Some must have come across this problem.

The forms are there, can someone check to see if there is something wrong with how I have configured, them.

Andrew
papsy

Post by papsy »

crispy68 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:38 pm

Wow! Why is it Pablo's fault your form is not working? You said yourself another form on your server is working that's more complicated but this one isn't. This should tell you it may not be WB but something else either configured wrong or it could be a hosting issue. I think Pablo tried to give you some direction. Have you actually reached out to your host?
Yes, of course I have reached out to my host. They haven't an answer at the moment. The second site has stopped sending emails also. If someone could just look at the form and tell me if its configured wrong i would appreciate it, have sent the url but no one has bothered as yet.
papsy

Post by papsy »

BaconFries wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:30 pm
What makes you think Pablo must have an answer to why is is not working!!! If it suddenly stops working and you haven't made any changes to it then it means something has changed on the server.

If a change has been made on the server how do you expect Pablo to know this...do you really think he knows what the settings are and what might have changed.

I note you have had previous issues with your form(s) how did you resolve it was it a server issue or was it something with the form.

Without you being more specific then there is not much that can be done to help you. So please try to give as much information as possible to get the best possible answer to help.
There is no error message the forms are not sending the emails. Surely someone could look a the coding of the forms and then at least tell me if it is correct.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I reached out to my host/server and they said it's your side.
Hosts always say this when 99.9% of the time the issue is with them and they don't like to admit. So you are now saying both forms are no longer working? If you haven’t made any changes recently in the software then it is is more than likely server sided at fault.
Are you 100% sure your host hasn't changed the php version and failed to tell you? If they have updated the php to PHP8 then as previously mentioned then your form will not work due to your version of software. If this is the case you can try as your host to revert back to a previous version that worked. I suggest you contact your host asking what version php they are running and carefully read the following
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=32967
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The coding of the form is correct otherwise it would not have previously worked.
Also, it work for all other users.

If it suddenly stopped working then I think something on the server has been changed.

The only way you can solve this is by contacting your web host and asked them why the emails are no longer send. They should be able to see this in their error logs.
Then based on their feedback you can change your form settings.
papsy

Post by papsy »

They have been working on it for several days now, but still can't resolve it.

I am going to upgrade to 18 and see if that works.

Will let you know if they resolve the problem.

The php version is 7.4

Andrew
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

All you will have to do is ask why it does not work. Your webhost can look this up in their logs.
Based on their feedback you can then update the configuration of your form.