Boxes being added around text on break point views.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
DaveW

Boxes being added around text on break point views.

Post by DaveW »

Hi, On our website (echeveriasinoz.net) we use the default 940 (computer) view with two break points at 768 (tablet portrait) and 320 for mobile phones. Since we started using the No. 18 programme once we edit anything on pages or add new pages to the website those pages on both the break point views have boxes added around all text boxes. These boxes are not visible on the computer view and should not be there on the other. Can someone advise what has happened that is causing this, or how we could rectify this problem please.
Pablo

Re: Boxes being added around text on break point views.

Post by Pablo »

It looks like you have added a box shadow to the text.

To be able to help you, I need a DEMO project (.wbs file) so I can see all your settings.

I do not need the complete project because that will only take more time to figure out what you have done.
Basically, I just need a small project with one page and object(s) that are relevant to your question.

Note that I cannot see what you have done based on the published page (HTML), because the software has thousands of options and millions of possible combinations.
So, there is no way to know which options you have used by looking at the HTML only.

For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

We have done nothing different or changed anything in how or what we do.
We open a page to edit, change anything or add pictures on that page and publish. There are no boxes around text anywhere, never has been.
Go to the website on a computer and everything is good. Go to the mobile phone and the boxes are there. Friends have confirmed it is also on tablets. Both are breakpoints and it has only started with the download and use of 18. What is really head-scratching is that is almost appears random, not necessarily effecting every text box on the page that one has worked on...only the ones that have been moved or changed.
Honestly not right up with this but it does suggest that the new 18 is doing this on its own.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I can not see what you have done based on the punished page, but it looks like there is a box shadow in the breakpoint.
Also, there seems to be a conflict in your HTML formatting settings.

WB18 does not add shadow to text by itself, but it may have always been there.
But because WB18 has better support for styles, it only now becomes visible.

If you need further assistance then please share a DEMO project so I can see all your settings.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I think I have the DEMO project ready but have couple of questions to be sure of things.
Does the Site Search need to be deleted from the project?
Uploading to our website. Does this mean creating a link somewhere on the website linked to that file?
If not, could you clarify what I need to do, please?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Yes, please remove everything from the project except for the text objects. So, it is immediately clear where to look.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

It's not letting me upload that file like that. Can I email it?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks, for sending the project,
I was able to reproduce the problem and have released an update to address the issue.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html
(build date: 12/8/2022)