*** SOLVED *** Responsive Nav Bar won't change

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
Martin555

*** SOLVED *** Responsive Nav Bar won't change

Post by Martin555 »

Hi people,

I have a responsive navigation bar on my site. I have set a breakpoint at 480. When I preview my site and I shrink the page to below 480, the navigation bar does not change to the responsive menu, but just stacks up on itself to get into the page.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can rectify this. I currently cannot go online live as I only in the very early stages of building the site.

Thank you for your time in this matter it is greatly appreciated.

Martin

I am using WB18
crispy68

Re: Responsive Nav Bar won't change

Post by crispy68 »

What do you mean it doesnt change to the responsive menu? What is the "Responsive Nav Bar" menu?

Unless i'm missing something, I'm not sure the Navigation Bar menu switches to anything. It's either always horizontal or vertical. Are you referring to the Responsive Menu?
Martin555

Post by Martin555 »

Sorry Crispy, let me try it and clear this up.

I meant the responsive menu. I have added one to my web page and I have set the breakpoint at 480 so when it goes below that it changes to a smaller nav bar with a drop-down menu so it fits in the smaller screens better. That is the navigation bar that I am having trouble with, I cannot get it to change to the smaller nav bar for the smaller screens with the drop down menu. It shows up as it should in the editor it only has a problem when I preview it.

I hope I have clarified the matter if not my apologies and I will try it again if needs be.

Thank you Crispy for your time in this matter.

Martin
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I opened a blank project, added the responsive menu, set the Breakpoint to 480 and previewed and it works for me.

What browser are you using to preview? Some browsers can't be minimized that small down to 480 to trigger the menu. For example, using Chrome or Edge doesn't trigger because it won't get any smaller than about 500px. However, FF will. Have you tried previewing in Firefox?

Also, try setting the breakpoint to a higher and value and preview it. Does it work then?
Martin555

Post by Martin555 »

Hi crispy thank you for the prompt reply it is much appreciated.

I will definitely try and view it in Firefox but I do not believe that is the problem as this is not the first time I have used the responsive menu in a website and in fact I have just gone and checked the other website to see if it works using the same browser as I'm using for the new website and it works perfectly well and as it should. It seems I have done something differently in this new project of mine that it will not allow the drop down menu to appear when it goes below breakpoint 480.

My best bet is to go and compare both responsive menus and see what I've done differently and hope to be able figure out that way. I do appreciate your time as ever. You are an asset to this forum.

Martin.
Martin555

Post by Martin555 »

I just saw the last bit of your last message and I upped the break point two 760 and lo and behold it is now working, problem solved thank you so much crispy.