Login Functions

Issues related to forms.
Williams

Login Functions

Post by Williams »

Hello Guys,

This is the first time ever I've used login functions, just have some questions about it..

First, Edit profile box doesn't show when publishing the page. it gives a blank page!!

Second, is there a way to add some fields on sign up form and edit profile form? I've tried to convert it as a form and add like phone number box and address form but they're not reflecting on admin page!

Third, Is there a way to let customer login to their profile directly and make any changes on their personal data?

Thanks You..
wwonderfull

Re: Login Functions

Post by wwonderfull »

Before going to solutions I think we need a demo of your project to see what you have done.

Be cautious with the settings on how to use login tools or else you might find trouble fixing it. Also setup the database properly and check if there is any problem with your settings. I have also used login tools and tested them perfectly.

You can add some fields but you have to know some level of programming knowledge which we can not teach in full so have to learn yourself but there are sutions for that for sure.

And yes it is possbile for users to edit their profile name email and others. Use edit profile tool for that which is in login tools.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

First, Edit profile box doesn't show when publishing the page. it gives a blank page!!
Usually this indicates tat there is an error in the settings, so the server cannot process the page.
For example, the database settings may be incorrect.
Second, is there a way to add some fields on sign up form and edit profile form? I've tried to convert it as a form and add like phone number box and address form but they're not reflecting on admin page!
You can use 'custom profile fields' to add field to the sign up and edit profile form.
Or you can fully customize the forms yourself:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/customize_signup.html
Third, Is there a way to let customer login to their profile directly and make any changes on their personal data?
You can use 'user roles' to assign user specific pages.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/userroles.html
Williams

Post by Williams »

Thank you Pablo for your quick response.. Could you please check my demo project and lmk why Edit Profile form doesn't appear for me when publishing the project please..

https://easyupload.io/xbn49i
You can use 'custom profile fields' to add field to the sign up and edit profile form.
If I did that, so is this will be reflected on admin page?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I did not find any issues in the settings.
However, it looks like you are using an old version of WWB?
This version is no longer supported.
If I did that, so is this will be reflected on admin page/
yes
Williams

Post by Williams »

I did not find any issues in the settings
So what's the problem? why does edit profile form show a blank page when publishing?
However, it looks like you are using an old version of WWB?
Do you think there's a bug in my version which causes this problem?

I also have added phone number in sign up form, but it didn't reflect on admin page. it shows as a blank result as shown below

THANK YOU!!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Do you think there's a bug in my version which causes this problem?
It is difficult to say anything meaningful about this without knowing why the server does not display the page. You will need to check the error log on the server to find out why it does not work.
It may also be an issue with the PHP version. For example, WWB15 does not support PHP8.
I also have added phone number in sign up form, but it didn't reflect on admin page. it shows as a blank result as shown below
In the project you have shared there are no options defined for the the 'mobile' field.
Williams

Post by Williams »

Thank you Pablo for your support..
I've checked with my host provider and he told me that our server provides that version of PHP with no problem. he also said that it doesn't make sense as other forms work fine except edit profile form. seems like there's another problem in the setting but i can't figure what is it! i appreciate if you make double check please on this issue.

In the project you have shared there are no options defined for the the 'mobile' field.
Could you clarify this please..
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The only way to find out what is wrong, is by checking the error log on the server.

You wrote
I've checked with my host provider and he told me that our server provides that version of PHP with no problem.
Yes, but WWB15 does not support PHP8, so if the server is set to PHP8 then it may not work.

You wrote:
That is because there are no options defined for 'Mobile' field.

Note that version 15 is no longer supported.