Website not updating....

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
fingerstyle

Website not updating....

Post by fingerstyle »

I added 2 photos to my website Using 16.4.0. The preview was what I wanted and I published the page. When I did this I got the previous page not the one with the added photos. Refreshed the page and tried multiple browsers but got the old page every time. Called Godaddy and I think they tried to help but didn't come up with a solution. I used filezilla to look into the server stuff and the new files are there but they don't show on the page. Double and triple checked my settings but I am stumped. Any thoughts on what is happening here are appreciated.
crispy68

Re: Website not updating....

Post by crispy68 »

Did you do a hard refresh? Control +f5?

Do you have a link to the webpage? Are you sure the files are in the correct folder?
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

You say you looked and the new files are 'there'. Where is 'there'? In the Images folder or the root or somewhere else? If you haven't specified otherwise they should be in the Images folder on the server.
fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle »

Thanks for the help. The images are in the images folder and I have done the ctrl/f5 rest..
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Post a link to the web page and we can have a look
fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle »

Here you go..All I was trying to do is add a couple of photos... http://jeffsnow.net/about.html
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Okay, images in the images folder. Do the image file names conform to WWB requirements? (no spaces, not starting with numbers, etc)
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Some of the image names are invalid such as starting with numbers and containing brackets ( )
See the following url and related topic url
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... .php?t=131
fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle »

So I changed the names of the photos that wouldn't show up to simple one word names . Previewed the page and it was fine ,published it and they still aren't there. compared to other pages on the site The font and printing are different on the newly published page. Much smaller and bunched at the top. Could it be that whatever is not letting the pictures appear is also changing the font?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you publish all files?
Are there any errors in the publish log?
Are you sure the files are in the correct folder?
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Frankly, I don't see any image errors on this page. I see 5 images. So if you've uploaded a new page with changed images it must be somewhere else on your server unless I'm missing something here. If you changed 2 images on this page and they are not showing then there would be errors showing up in some capacity.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

I see 5 photos - very slow to load. How big are they?

This is what I see:

What should I be seeing?
fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle »

What is the trick to adding a screen shot to a post?? ...this is frustrating everything worked fine until Godaddy moved me to a new server awhile back. They say its not their problem but it sure is mine.
fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle »

Pablo wrote:;

Did you publish all files? Yes
Are there any errors in the publish log? No
Are you sure the files are in the correct folder? I think so..Where should they be?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

What is the trick to adding a screen shot to a post??
The trick is you will need to upload the screenshot to your own site and provide a url or use the following https://imgbb.com/ This is asked due to uploading to the forum has been disabled for security reasons.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

fingerstyle wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:47 pm What is the trick to adding a screen shot to a post?? ...this is frustrating everything worked fine until Godaddy moved me to a new server awhile back. They say its not their problem but it sure is mine.
I used https://postimages.org/

I uploaded a picture there and then used the link it provided to add it in here.

But how does my picture (above) compare to what you expect to see?

Alan
fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle »

https://i.postimg.cc/T2WTSH80/Screen.png

I hope this works ....When I preview in the software it looks fine
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

It looks like you have fixed it? Because I now see all the images, the same as in your screenshot.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Yes, me too.

Alan
fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle »

Well that is a nice surprise to wake up to. It seems to be working just fine though I did nothing that would have fixed that. When I had my lengthy call with GoDaddy I asked twice if this could be any type of server needing to update or refresh issue and they assured me that it wasn't, but it looks like it could have been. If it was not a server issue I have no idea what it might have been.

In any event it is fixed and I am most grateful to those who tried to help solve the problem. WYSIWYG is a nice piece of software and the community of users is first rate.