Master Page Breakpoints

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
lpug

Master Page Breakpoints

Post by lpug »

I've created a master page with a couple of breakpoints mainly to hide headers on smaller devices. By doing this is it good practice to also enable these breakpoints on the other pages or can I leave as is if pages look good?

Thanks
wwonderfull

Re: Master Page Breakpoints

Post by wwonderfull »

Master page break points wont effect other page break points the pages breakpoints work individually. So i think there shouldn't be much of a problem.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

A master page should have the same breakpoints as the pages that use it, otherwise there may be a conflict in the styles.
lpug

Post by lpug »

Thanks for you replies, so that I understand if I have one default breakpoint i.e.1920 and I insert text and enable make it responsive...then in theory the text should be responsive across devices (does this mean it automatically increases and decreases its font size?)

Second point if I then insert some break points and insert text and make it responsive should it also be responsive across the other breakpoints for that page? or do I have to manually set the font sizes? I'm asking because I dont see this happening

Thanks this site has been a huge help...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The font size does not automatically because the software has no idea what you want the size to be.

If you use flexible layout (with layout grid or flexible) then the text width will be flexible.
lpug

Post by lpug »

So my understanding from what you said is that as soon as you create a breakpoint then the font will need to be set according to your liking? regardless whether your page is setup with layout or flex grids? Thats what I'm seeing, I have one page built only with layout grids which has responsive texts.
As soon as I introduce a breakpoint the font requires to be sized accordingly.

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

So my understanding from what you said is that as soon as you create a breakpoint then the font will need to be set according to your liking?
Breakpoints are used to create different layouts of the page for a different screen sizes.
Whether or not you change the font size is up to you. It's not a requirement.

This is not directly related to layout grid or flexbox. In many cases, you do not have to add breakpoints if you use layout grids.
lpug

Post by lpug »

I prefer not to use breakpoints because my page is flexible (sort of) reason why I want to introduce breakpoints is because I have a flexible carousel in a layout grid. I have 4 slides 800X400 with the size set to cover. At the default size 1920, the slider covers the area of the carousel which is normal. On smaller devices the slider takes up all of the mobile device screen so I want to be able to reduce the size to only 50% of the height, so it doesnt fill up the whole screen
Is there a more effective way to do this?

Thanks again.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In this case, you need a breakpoint because you want a different layout for smaller devices.