Locked Field / Text

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Starb7

Locked Field / Text

Post by Starb7 »

Hi

Pretty sure I have seen this somewhere but cannot find the option nor anything in the Help pages.

I have a text field on a form and want to 'lock' it so that when published, you can edit/copy it, ie its locked.

I can't use a label because I want to use an inline emoji/image and that only seems to be availble in text fields.

TIA

Paul
Pablo

Re: Locked Field / Text

Post by Pablo »

Do you mean the 'read-only' property of the edtibox?
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

Hi

It's not an 'Edit Box' its a text field, but yes, that's what I'd like to emulate.

Cheers

p.s. I didn't want to use 'Publish as Image' as it looks crappy and I think it breaks the responsive bit too.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have a text field on a form and want to 'lock' it so that when published, you can edit/copy it, ie its locked.
A Editbox and a Text Field “are one and the same” so for example you can enter text in them like you do in a form such as Name, Address, Age etc. So what is it want?
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type_text.asp
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

Hi Baconfries

I want to use a text box not an text entry field. An edit box allows you to set it's property so that you can't access it but I can find that option in the Text field (so not the same thing) as they both have uniquely different options. Basically, I think that it's not possible via the WWB UI unless you know where the '[X] Read Only' option is for a text object ;)

Cheers
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

In HTML, the read only property is only valid for the editbox (input), not for standard text. It is not a limitation of WWB.
https://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/att_input_readonly.asp
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I guess you never read from the url I gave. A text field is a input were text can be inserted, in WWB this is better known as a Editbox. What you are asking is related to the Text Object which displays a line of text and does not allow any input as it has noway to do so read only can't be applied.(Please read Pablos reply and url)
Example
Define a single-line text field that a user can enter text into:
<label for="fname">First name:</label>
This is a text field or input or Editbox that uses input type
<input type="text" id="fname" name="fname">
Starb7

Post by Starb7 »

Hi Baconfries

I did visit it and saw that you pointed out the 'read only' was only for EditBoxes but just thought it might be possible to do in WWB, obvs not :(

What I would have done in the past is drop a shape over the field so you couldn't access the field but in Cell/Grid layouts, you can't do that (can you?). I suppose I could use an input field but as I am using the built-in form, that would also get submitted so I suppose I should write my own response page and just omit that field.

Thanks for your help as usual.

Cheers

Paul