Search Boxes (InstantSearch.js)

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
jwhite37

Search Boxes (InstantSearch.js)

Post by jwhite37 »

Forgive me as I'm new to WWB and design/development in general, but if anyone capable is interested in helping me set up something similar to the InstantSearch.js demo or Fuse.js for a community project (searchable cemetery database), I'll happily pay $ what your time is worth. I've only been able to get 1 name result to show up in the inline frame linked to an index page despite multiple first names matching the same last name in the index (same thing happens when I instead include the chron list as meta keywords under page properties). I'll send a demo/images to anyone who contacts me at jwhite72792@gmail.com as I've yet to connect the project to the domain I purchased (attempting to learn how to host it myself).
See the following for reference to script trying to use.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... hp?t=94900
Cheers.
Last edited by BaconFries on Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Suggestions/Improvements to General Questions
BaconFries

Re: Search Boxes (InstantSearch.js)

Post by BaconFries »

Moved from Suggestions/Improvements to the current (General Questions)
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

jwhite37 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:51 am Forgive me as I'm new to WWB and design/development in general, but if anyone capable is interested in helping me set up something similar to the InstantSearch.js demo or Fuse.js for a community project (searchable cemetery database), I'll happily pay $ what your time is worth. I've only been able to get 1 name result to show up in the inline frame linked to an index page despite multiple first names matching the same last name in the index (same thing happens when I instead include the chron list as meta keywords under page properties). I'll send a demo/images to anyone who contacts me at jwhite72792@gmail.com as I've yet to connect the project to the domain I purchased (attempting to learn how to host it myself).
See the following for reference to script trying to use.
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... hp?t=94900
Cheers.
Well the post link you have given is certainly from me. If you go to that post and reply a support then maybe @pablo will give it a better priority and you might be able to get this feature very soon.

Other than that you are saying you want to filter a cemetery database. So can I see what you project look like so I can understand it more deeply and give a better feedback or a suggestion.

Note: For filtering a database from mysql or a csv file of your website you can view it with some data viewer extensions
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/datapack2.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@wwonderfull I moved the post to the general section and added the link back to suggestions for reference to what the op was asking help with so others would know what he was asking help with.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Thank you @bacon :)
jwhite37

Post by jwhite37 »

@wwonderfull I must be doing something wrong when trying to attach screenshots on here, so if you could reach me at jwhite72792@gmail.com I'll send them and a demo your way..
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

jwhite37 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:10 pm @wwonderfull I must be doing something wrong when trying to attach screenshots on here, so if you could reach me at jwhite72792@gmail.com I'll send them and a demo your way..
I recommend that It would be better to upload the link here so many others can have a look and provide solutions too.
You can attach your file in google drive, mega.io, mediafire, any where flexible and share a link.

I would recommend to remove anything confidential from you project and any custom codes which are not part of wwb. If you have used a custom script code than solution for that is not a service but as voluntary support.

to share an image you just copy the image link and paste it here
For further details about how to share a project file, please see this FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@jwhite37 Although I moved your post from Suggestions to here you should note as this is a external script in general there is no help as it is understood that if using the likes you yourself understand how to use yourself. I will move over to the Off Topic Section once you have read as it is the more appropriate place where you can ask for help as it us a external script.
jwhite37

Post by jwhite37 »

@bacon @wwonderfull many thanks..

'Then upload your project (.wbs) to your website or another public server and include the link in your post.'

- I don't have the website/etc. setup yet but from the prior directions take this to mean something other than the [url]file:///C:/Users/jwhit/AppData/Local/Temp/preview/final.html[/url] link created after selecting when preview in browser..
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

jwhite37 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:19 am @bacon @wwonderfull many thanks..

'Then upload your project (.wbs) to your website or another public server and include the link in your post.'

- I don't have the website/etc. setup yet but from the prior directions take this to mean something other than the [url]file:///C:/Users/jwhit/AppData/Local/Temp/preview/final.html[/url] link created after selecting when preview in browser..
That is your local preview link in the browser we can not see it as we are not connected with you with a local area connection you have to come online for the online preview is when you upload your website on a hosting server with a domain then you get an online url to share along with your domain name. Example: www[.]yourwebsitename.com/yourpage.html

At least you can share an image. Just give a link from uploading any where.
Example how to put an image here.
https://floomby.io/s/120622/N1kTapoT.jpg?download=1

the .wbs file is the project you double click to open that one. Give a simple demo version upload it any where.
Unless it is not something confidential you can upload it in temporary file sharing websites and give a link.
for example you can upload your non or unconfidential project file without any major valuable information on this file sharing platform https://filebin.net/ put the files ina folder make a .zip and upload and give us the link. You can manually delete the file you have shared or it will get auto deleted in 6 days according to filebin.net policy.
Last edited by wwonderfull on Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Sorry but it is not possible to download from the link as this is to the C:drive of your PC which only you can access. This is why it is asked that you upload to your own host/server for download which you don't have. You can alternatively upload to one of the many public file sharing sites and provide a link.
jwhite37

Post by jwhite37 »

@bacon @wwonderfull Hopefully these onedrive generated links work...if not I'll post the links once I get my server setup but thank you both again for your time/patience

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJ1zmyd4-6FCSNufaH

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJ5myRFAEaTv55ij3l

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJ5m0kozlG6eJ44P6H
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

jwhite37 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:29 am @bacon @wwonderfull Hopefully these onedrive generated links work...if not I'll post the links once I get my server setup but thank you both again for your time/patience

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJ1zmyd4-6FCSNufaH

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJ5myRFAEaTv55ij3l

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJ5m0kozlG6eJ44P6H
I have seen. So maybe now your using the sitesearch tool of wysiwyg web builder I guess? If yes then what are you trying to achieve I mean in terms of result please elaborate and write in detail so we can understand better. Uploading your project file would have been good.
jwhite37

Post by jwhite37 »

@wwonderfull

Sorry for the delay as your last reply didn't show up as a notification so I didn't notice it...yes those were examples of the site search tool in action within an inline frame which does the job, but would be easier to read if search results could be returned in a line by line list of names similar to below...

Current:
Last, First Lot# Last, First Lot# Last, First Lot#

Desired:
Last, First (Lot#)
Last, First (Lot#)
Last, First (Lot#)

Project link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJuH6cwka ... P?e=3zrCm6
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

jwhite37 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:25 pm @wwonderfull

Sorry for the delay as your last reply didn't show up as a notification so I didn't notice it...yes those were examples of the site search tool in action within an inline frame which does the job, but would be easier to read if search results could be returned in a line by line list of names similar to below...

Current:
Last, First Lot# Last, First Lot# Last, First Lot#

Desired:
Last, First (Lot#)
Last, First (Lot#)
Last, First (Lot#)

Project link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEO7NmIRFGJuH6cwka ... P?e=3zrCm6
From my perspective the thing you want the site search is not exactly ment for that. But you can do the same thing using a menu with search or even items search. But the better from my experience would be a datatable extension which is mobile responsive and does what it is ment to do finding searching filtering data from huge list of text row by row collum by collum.

I gave you a datapack link did you try them out https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/datapack2.html
you can get search result like this. It is basically a datatable showing data from a spreadsheet CSV file. You can show from local or online database.
jwhite37

Post by jwhite37 »

@wwonderfull

Many thanks for the alternative, how'd you get it to work? The bootstrap table extension came with my WWB17 purchase but when I try to link the CSV online table it doesn't appear when previewing it in my browser..

bootstrap screenshots:

url index link:

resulting project:
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@jwhite37 Please note that it is not permitted to share paid extensions in projects they are for personal use only. For the time being I have removed the links so you can confirm they do not use paid extensions.
jwhite37

Post by jwhite37 »

@BaconFries

sorry, my mistake entirely..
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

jwhite37 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:53 pm sorry, my mistake entirely..
Well I am a paid user so I have the extension. But if you have bought it then you can work with it personally.
Can you show your settings screenshot?
If you want it exactly the way I gave you the screen shot then you need alot if things to do also. Like setting the csv file. And the headers and collum settings.
Last edited by wwonderfull on Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Here is screenshot of the settings you need to do for the solution:
The csv file from microsoft excel

This is the settings for the extensions.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@wwonderfull whether you have it is not the reason. I deleted the links because if the project included the extensions then others could download the file(project) and then have a paid extension for free. I think it is best if you are offering help you do it privately with jwhite37 by email for sharing projects that may or may not include any extensions such as paid.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

Well @bacon No problem as you said. I do understand the paid extension fact. So I told him the same :)
jwhite37

Post by jwhite37 »

@wwonderfull

I was under the impression as a paid member for WWB17 that many of the paid extensions came with the purchase (maybe bootstrap table isn't included in this group as it says 'demo' in my toolkit and therefore won't save)...I believe I copied your exact settings but to no avail (the only difference being my file exists as a librecalc doc)

CSV file image:

Bootstrap settings image:

Project image/problem:

Feel free to contact me at jwhite72792@gmail.com if more convenient for the platform/yourself. I have another project I could use your guidance on if interested/available and will pay whatever your time is worth..
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

jwhite37 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:54 pm
I was under the impression as a paid member for WWB17 that many of the paid extensions came with the purchase (maybe bootstrap table isn't included in this group as it says 'demo' in my toolkit and therefore won't save)...I believe I copied your exact settings but to no avail (the only difference being my file exists as a librecalc doc)

CSV file image:

Bootstrap settings image:

Project image/problem:

Feel free to contact me at jwhite72792@gmail.com if more convenient for the platform/yourself. I have another project I could use your guidance on if interested/available and will pay whatever your time is worth..
In that case check your email.