Question on website query and supplying information

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Kash2001

Question on website query and supplying information

Post by Kash2001 »

Ok I know the title is potentially misleading, but I could not think of a way to describe an information query for data in a few words! I have Wysiwyg 16.4.5 and I must admit I'm struggling with the layout of frames and columns etc.

However, my question is this, we have about 20 distributors, whom previously we just listed their contact details on the webpage of the site. Unfortunately, it got hit by data harvesters and so we had to make the contact details an image, to prevent this from keep happening.

So, we are now designing the new website (not yet uploaded) and I wanted to have a query form, so that visitors could either by their IP address or by them entering their country in a box, would pull up the details of our distributors in that area and not the whole distributor list of all details. Ideally when they click submit the details pop up on the webpage for them to call or copy details for their information.

Is there a Jquery or script that can do this, if not how do others stop the data harvesters taking such information and spamming businesses in this way?

Many thanks for any information on the above and hope it made sense.

ATB
Pablo

Re: Question on website query and supplying information

Post by Pablo »

There is no standard option for this, because this is very specific.
So, you will need to implement a custom script.
Kash2001

Post by Kash2001 »

Ok thank you for the quick response, so the form submission wizard cant help with this to pull the details of contacts for the customer. Forgive my lack of knowledge on this, as I'm not that great at websites.

Is a custom script available through a Wysiwyg wizard or would I have to look for a script specifically for this purpose, what do others do to prevent data harvesting on contact details, as any text email address is open game for these spammers?

Many thanks.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can use the built-in form tools to create the layout of the form.
But the the part that processes the data must be implemented with script.

There is no wizard for this, you will need to write this yourself. Or ask someone with programming knowledge.
Kash2001

Post by Kash2001 »

Ok Thanks for the information, but how to others stop this data harvesting happening on their website for distributor contacts? Would a framed window ie a pop-up window prevent this at all?

Many thanks.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

There is no way to protect data other than to publish it as image.
Because if the browser can display the data then it can also be ripped.