layout grid background

Questions related to the Responsive Web Design tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/respon ... esign.html
Please read this first before posting any questions! Also check out the example project to get an idea how the RWD concept works.

Responsive Web Design FAQ:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 10&t=63817
hjones43

layout grid background

Post by hjones43 »

I have a 3 cell layout grid and want to set the background. The options (such as solid) seem to work properly. But when I try image, it doesn't. It appears properly in the WYSIWYG editor, but when I compile it and view it in a browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), the image background does not show. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks,
Harry Jones
crispy68

Re: layout grid background

Post by crispy68 »

Make sure your image does not contain any spaces or odd characters.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Also, note that the layout grid should have content, because without content the height of grid columns will be zero.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

hjones43 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:08 am but when I compile it and view it in a browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), the image background does not show. Any ideas on what's wrong?
Without seeing your project it is hard to say what is wrong but as Ron said you might have invalid image name that may be a reason of it not showing. Still I insist if you have the problem submit the demo file to us and we will try to investigate the issue.
hjones43

Post by hjones43 »

Thanks everyone. I fixed the problem by making a copy of the image and changing its name. I have no clue why this fixed it. Pablo - love your software! I can't even imagine the challenges of coding the current RWD features, but it would be wonderful if the current table object with all its features could be made responsive or function within a layout grid.

Best,
Harry Jones
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

You can add a table to a layout grid to make it flexible.