WWB16 SVG Extension

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
code2

WWB16 SVG Extension

Post by code2 »

I use SVG images in my projects where I can. This was previously through using the the SVG Extension in WWB v15.

Is that extension still required?

The reason I ask is that I uninstalled that extension when after installing WWB16 as I noticed in an add features page (in the section showing the newly added Webp image format) that SVG files appeared in the image format "pick list" . So, I figured that SVG image were now native to WWB.

When I construct a test project from scratch in WWB16 just to see using the image/SVG (without the SVG extension installed) it appeared to work just fine.

However, when I open a previously constructed project (WWB15), WWB16 wanted to re-install the SVG extension again.

When I don't fully proceed with the SVG extension install, WWB16 does not open all the pages of the previously saved project (I use a master header and footer with SVG images but WWB16 also does not load any other "Do Not Publish" pages e.g. and object holding pages and test pages that actually do not have any SVG files in them).

When I do proceed with the re-installation of the SVG Extension, WWB16 opens all the previous project as it should.

I don't know if it is a bug or it is my old projects.

I have re-saved them under WWB16 but that doesn't seem to solved the issue.

Any assistance welcome.
code2

Re: WWB16 SVG Extension

Post by code2 »

Slight correction.

With the SVG Extension uninstalled or when it is disabled, whenever opening a previous constructed project, any "Publish" pages with an SVG image do not open in the project (including Do Not Publish ones) and any other Do Not Publish pages even though they do not have SVG images in them.

So either it it get to the first page with an SVG and then does not load any other files in the tree below it or it also does not load Do Not Publish pages. An error warning is given for 3 "Publish" pages say they will not be load.

Hope this make sense.
zinc

Post by zinc »

I am not sure or used the EXT but I use SVG natively in 15 and have had no issues what so ever, displaying or publishing. You don't need to use the ext to use SVG files if that is the question.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You no longer need the extension to use SVG images in your project.
However, if you previously used the extension then you will need to install it to load the project.
code2

Post by code2 »

Thanks. After I load the project from when I used the SVG Extension, is there something I can do so that that project no longer needs the extension. Because even using Save As doesn’t seem to stop it wanting it to re-install the extension.

Or, do I need to remove the images, save the project, uninstall the extension and then redo the images on the relevant pages again.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You will need to remove the extension and replace it with a standard image object.
code2

Post by code2 »

Thank you.

I found the problem was some legacy pages with the SVG Extension.

So, and as you indicated, I had to remove (delete) the SVG Extension images and re-insert them using the standard image tool.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your assistance.