*** SOLVED *** Text weird behaviour in layergrid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
antonio

*** SOLVED *** Text weird behaviour in layergrid

Post by antonio »

Hello,

I have a layergrid where i want to insert 5 different texts (different fonts and colours) that i will later animate.
Even before applying animation the texts are not arranged one under the other but randomly left, right, up, down,center...

I have no clue why this is happening. I've tried with empty layer (transparent background) and also with background image (i tried all the possible settings for the image)

This is a capture of what i see in the webbuilder

And this what i get in the preview and publish

All other texts in all other layergrid behave normally (https://test.perchera.com)
Thanks in advance
Pablo

Re: Text weird behaviour in layergrid

Post by Pablo »

You have set the 'full width' property of the text to 'false'. This mean that the text will have a fixed width.
antonio

Post by antonio »

Hola Pablo, i tried that already... in fact if i try to shrink the text box to its size, it jumps up to another position, it behaves like they are columns
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Correct, the text is either full widrh or it has a fixed size.
If 'full width' is true then the text will have the full width of the column.
If 'full width' is false then the text will not be flexible.
antonio

Post by antonio »

yes, but i have full witdh set to false, and despite that the text seems to hook wherever it wants, i have no control over it.

I've deleted it all, inserted a new layer, started from zero, and always the same issue, argh...
antonio

Post by antonio »

i keep trying... now i set the text to full with, centered, it arranges correctly, but it is centered, i want it on the left. If i set the text to the left, it goes all the way to the left, outside the web itself... i must be making something stupid i know
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can set the alignment of the text via the formatting toolbar.

If you need assistance then please share a demo project so I can see what you have done.

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=82134
antonio

Post by antonio »

Thank you Pablo, i've used the formatting tool to align text to the left, i might also want to use padding, but the problem is that the text goes all the way to the left in a big screen, outside the scope of the website, the central image.

Here i am attaching a sample with that layoutgrid only.

Text now is set to fullwitdth false, so it is randomly arranged when in preview or publish
If i set text fullwidth to true, then it remains arranged correctly, but as said above all the way to the left.

Thank you

File here: http://www.perchera.com/shared/Test.zip
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Text now is set to fullwidth false
Why? If you want flexible text (which is common for layout grid) then please set full width to true.
If 'full width' is set to false then the text will not be flexible. It will have a fixed size.

I do not see any issues in your project, can you please describe what I need to do to see the problem?
antonio

Post by antonio »

Hello again,

I have a feeling my problem does not have to do with text but with the images in the background and the resolution of the screen.

When i open the project in my browser i need to click on ctrl+ until i see top image covering the full screen witdh as desired and then all the texts are in the desired place.
If i don't click Ctr+ i see the top layer three times (background image repeated horizontally) and the text in the left, that's what was driving me crazy until i've realized it's not the text that's moving but the whole resolution

This happens in my pc with all browsers but not in the phone... i need to find why it is not being responsive to the witdh of my pc...

Thank you for your patience
antonio

Post by antonio »

All set, it all had to do with resolution and probably with the cache in my browsers