"Preview Current Page" "Preview Entire Website" and actual uploaded website are all inconsistent.

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
waynethetodd

"Preview Current Page" "Preview Entire Website" and actual uploaded website are all inconsistent.

Post by waynethetodd »

Hello, as I was building my site, I noticed that some things would work in certain environments and others won't, which is making it hard to actually design the page. Please let me know if there there is a simple solution, or if I am doing something wrong.

Example: My link styles will only work on single page preview, not when uploaded to the server or during an entire site preview.

Look to the "traffic signs" page for an example of this behavior. Heres a link to the project file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmeyil7tezpqm ... h.zip?dl=0
Pablo

Re: "Preview Current Page" "Preview Entire Website" and actual uploaded website are all inconsistent.

Post by Pablo »

It is unclear where I need to look to see the problem.
Can you please be more specific?
What is it suppose to look like?
Also, I cannot see what you have done based on the published website only, I need a project file to be able to help you.
waynethetodd

Re: "Preview Current Page" "Preview Entire Website" and actual uploaded website are all inconsistent.

Post by waynethetodd »

Oh crap, I should've realized you need the project file, not the publish. I will try to isolate the issue and then post the project file
waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd »

So the problem is that headings I make into links seen to get confused about which style they should be using.

When I'm previewing a single page, the link styles work fine. When I preview the entire website, or upload the site to our server, then the link styles stop being the color I want them to be.

The most recognizable places to find this issue is on the "traffic-signs-minnesota-mn", "decals-labels-stickers-minnesota-mn", and "banners-vinyl-cloth-mesh-minnesota" pages of the project I posted a dropbox link to below. There are also screenshots of the issues in the folder "screenshots" in the file I included.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zp2gkg7l217l ... s.zip?dl=0
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

When you use global styles then all link styles should be the same for all pages, because the styles will be merged into one file.
In your case the last page in the Site Manager (404) has different colors, so these will be used because in HTML/CSS the last style definition always override previous ones. That is why it's called CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
To solve this, make the style of the 404 the same as all your other pages.
waynethetodd

Post by waynethetodd »

Thank makes sense. I appreciate your help with the CSS of the site.

Looks like it worked