Stagger loading photos

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
mrwillow

Stagger loading photos

Post by mrwillow »

Hi,

I have a page design in mind, specifically to minimise a user's click journey, that entails having lots of photos on one web page. Supposing these are displayed via numerous amounts of photo-displayer tools, to stop the overall loading of a page is it possible to give the user the option to download these images, then those images, etc.?

DC
crispy68

Re: Stagger loading photos

Post by crispy68 »

If you are using the photo gallery, you have the option of choosing 'Enable Lazy Loading' which will delay the loading of images until they are visible in the view port. This will speed up the page loading. It also prevents loading large images in mobile devices because only the visible images will be downloaded.
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm using the Fotorama extension, as it was clearly my favourite in terms of user experience. My apology, I didn't quite understand what how you explain the 'enable lazy loading'. What I was kinda hoping for is that if, say, my page has ten of these Fotorama extensions, each carrying c.5-15 images (compressed correctly to no more than 1MB), can I give the user the option of not dowloading/viewing a set until they press the button, so to speak?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The Fotorama extension does not support lazy loading.
This feature is available for standard images and the built-in photo gallery/collage.