Tigra Calendar (Released on 23/08/2009)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
zinc

Post by zinc »

===============================
===============================

Tigra Calendar is a JavaScript software component, it is not intended
for stand-alone use.

There two formats in the ZIP file. One is for the US date format and one for EU date format.

This calendar is totally customisable, You can edit the look & feel by editing the CSS, I have decided not to include this within the extension as I wanted to keep things simple.

===========================================
Usage with WWB
Please ensure you use a form area as the name of the
form and the editbox are required for this extension to work.
===========================================

===========
Demo
===========

http://www.softcomplex.com/products/tigra_calendar/

===========
Download
===========

http://www.mediafire.com/?ngznyzm3j0m

===========
License
===========
Public domain software - FREE for any use

##############################################
I HAD ALMOST GIVEN UP ON THIS BUT I HAVE TO THANK EDDY FOR
SHOWING THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!! SO THANK YOU EDDY!!!

SECONDARY THANK YOU GOES TO BACONFRIES AS WELL.
##############################################

Enjoy!

:D
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

No problem,its a nice form calendar extension :wink:
jordan

Post by jordan »

nice ... didn't know where to put it tho ... form? or calender? .. :roll: .
calender it is . :D .
tnx for the index update mail.
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Thanks Neil.....Have a look at this one as well:
http://www.softcomplex.com/products/php ... r/demo.php
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Thanks for the Form Calendar extension..... :D
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Nice B good to see it working :D thanks for this I only helped were I could......
itsme

Re: Tigra Calendar (Released on 23/08/2009)

Post by itsme »

Benet_ wrote:does anybody know has a new version of the calendar appeared since that time?
+1 to this, or any other calendar for filed solution will be appreciated :( i am so much disappointed in this regard and feeling sorry that wbb8 with all this power doesn't support this "small" issue or at least something reliable available :( :( this calendar is so important guys, Jquery one is good by so much complicated and doesn't support validation for mandatory or not not (as field) also doesn't support for button to click, then not everybody does know that if they click inside the field it will pupup for them, and if it not mandatory also, then the whole process will go wrong way and will be useless :( don't u agree guys?
zinc

Post by zinc »

@benet
@itsme

I am not sure what sort of problem you are having with this calendar but as it stands it works perfectly with WWB 8.
As for the validation, it works with a forms textbox which you can add your own validation if you know how to use forms. :?
itsme

Post by itsme »

bendigo wrote:@benet
@itsme

I am not sure what sort of problem you are having with this calendar but as it stands it works perfectly with WWB 8.
As for the validation, it works with a forms textbox which you can add your own validation if you know how to use forms. :?
thank you bendingo, i appreciate your answer,
for me it work on my pc when making small example, and it crashes and doesn't work on laptop when making a form with ajax validation, i think ajax does do confilict this this since it is java based, however, i am trying to implement radio button that on change shows the field of the calendar "editbox" and that works fine, like onchange show editbox9 but i'm not able to see onchange show "extension1" as it is defined in my form... any solution for this? i want to hide the editbox and the calendar button so it show on event, also if possible to explain why doesn't work with ajax validation tip bubble

thanks in advanced for ur care
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

bendigo wrote:
mcruss wrote:Sorry to seem so stupid but.....This is my first experience with an extension and I'm lost. I downloaded the calendar, unzipped it to the extension folder in WWB, it shows installed in Extension Manager and I have the calendar icon. I also put a Form area on the page and made sure the form name is same in the calendar extension. But when I preview the page, the icon is there and 'the finger' appears on mouse-over but no calendar. I know I've missed a step somewhere; assistance would be appreciated (and keep it simple enough for a beginner.,.,.)

MCRUSS, This calendar works as part of a form. You need to do the following:

1. Add a form area to your page.
2. Rename it FormCal (or whatever you like)
3. Add a text box to the form
4. Rename it to txtCal (or again to whatever you like)
5. NOW ADD THE CALENDAR TO THE FORM
6. Double click on it and make sure you insert the names of the form and the textbox EXACTLY as you have named them in the fields.

Hope this helps.

BTW I have just tried it with WWB 7.5 and it works.

Good luck. :D

I got lost at Point no.5. From the top, what exactly am I to do here?
zinc

Post by zinc »

When you create a form, you have a form area.
So you add/drag it to the form area and double
Click on it so you can see its property window. Just add
The name of the edit box and that's it!
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Hi Mr. Bendigo,

Thank you for getting back to me, and so swiftly. Much obliged.

This said, I am very confused with this. I've attached a screenshot, highlighting a "Form Area" included, plus the downloaded folder containing the Tigra Calendar stuff. At this moment, I simply do not know what to do with these both, as normally I would go to the Extension Manager in WB8 and download and install directly into the software. This here further operation is advanced, although I would like to get to grips with it.

Please advise,

Daniel
zinc

Post by zinc »

mrwillow wrote:Hi Mr. Bendigo,

Thank you for getting back to me, and so swiftly. Much obliged.

This said, I am very confused with this. I've attached a screenshot, highlighting a "Form Area" included, plus the downloaded folder containing the Tigra Calendar stuff. At this moment, I simply do not know what to do with these both, as normally I would go to the Extension Manager in WB8 and download and install directly into the software. This here further operation is advanced, although I would like to get to grips with it.

Please advise,

Daniel
Daniel
Simply add an edit box object to the form area.
It has the name editbox1 by default. Now add the Calendar object
To the form and double click on the calendar object. Now add the name editbox1 in the name section. That's it! You are ready to go!!!
mrwillow

Post by mrwillow »

Really sorry, but still don't get this. From the top: i) drag in a "Form Area". Fine. ii) When you say add an "Edit Box", how do I do this? Do I open up "Form Properties" and do something in one of the tabs? Or do I simply drag in an Editbox and have it 'sit' on top of the Form Area? iii) With, then, the Editbox "Property Window", I just don't get your instruction to add the name of the Editbox. iv) Also, what am I to do with the folder actually containing the Tigra calendar stuff?

Sorry to ask for the most basic of directions.
bowlesj

Post by bowlesj »

Hi, I just got the Tigra Calendar to work and I got it to work with the database format which is YYYY/MM/DD
I need the database format since it is good for sorting.

Doing this was not that easy actually and there was a quirk.
I will point out what I had to do and try not to make this too long.
However, I am describing everything because it sounded like the last poster was having troubles.
So maybe making it long will help if he never got it to work.
I also think I need to do this chronologically for it to make sense.
I mention the quirk at the bottom and I have a question at the very end.
Here goes.

Background:
I downloaded from the extension in post #1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ngznyzm3j0m/Cal.zip
I really am not sure if I installed this or not. Probably not for these reasons.
  • I left it in the download directory in the zip file and I copied that zip file to a directory where I store this type of stuff.
    I did not put it in the WWB extensions directory below.
    C:\Users\MyName\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\extensions
    I noticed in the above diectory that these files were in there
    calendar_us.uwbx
    calendar_us.wbx
    I did an install of the extension using the WWB install manager (I assuming it grabbed the above 2 files).
Next Day Update: I was correct above. I installed the calendar on my notebook. The calendar source library files do not get installed in your local directory when you install the extension with WWB. Instead they get installed after you have dragged the calendar onto the form in your page then you publish the website to your localhost directory (they they are there).

Okay, however I did read the documentation in the pdf file from the download. It was very helpful.
It explained how this code is needed to be inserted in the "between <head></head> tags"

Code: Select all

<title>Document's Title</title>
<script language="JavaScript" src="calendar_us.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="calendar.css">
The documentation also explained how the extension inserts the code below into the form.

<form name="testform">
<input type="text" name="testinput" />
<script language="JavaScript">
new tcal ({
'formname': 'testform',
'controlname': 'testinput'
});
</script>
</form>
After publishing the test page I created in WWB I was able to view the source code and verify the code shown above was there.
However it would not work yet (the quick was not fixed).

Okay I went into my LOCALHOST directory where all the WWB publish files go and I noticed the JS directory.
I inspected that directory and I found the file I want "js/calendar_db.js".
So I changed the code in the WWB insertion point "between <head></head> tags" to the code below.

<script src="js/calendar_db.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/calendar.css">
Notice the code above has the "js/calendar_db.js" file I need for the YYYY/MM/DD format calendar.
I checked the published page source code and this is what I am getting.

</style>
<script language="JavaScript" src="js/calendar_us.js"></script>
<script src="js/calendar_db.js"></script>
So you can see from the above the WWB is creating the "js/calendar_us.js" source for the US format MM/DD/YYYY but I am overriding it below to get the database format YYYY/MM/DD with the "js/calendar_db.js" entry. It worked (but only after I found and fixed the quirk.

Here is the quirk.
If I start off with a fresh page and drag in the form area it creates an ID of "Form1".
Next if I drag in the EditBox onto the form it creates an ID for it of "Editbox1"
Now if I drag in the "Tigra Canendar (US Version) from the Toolbox Extension area it creates the default properties this way.
"form1" and "EditBox1"
Notice how there is a problem with the case in both of them. This caused it to not work.

Summary:
I got it to work by 0/ reading a fair bit to try and piece the puzzle together, 1/ getting the form name and text box to match exactly (cut and paste is my best friend - type as little as possible). 2/ overriding the US version source with the Database version source.

Here is the question?
How do I get the database version into the extension toolbox of WWB? I would rather my page source code not have the double source of the U.S. format and the database format.

Thanks,
John
Last edited by bowlesj on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
bowlesj

Post by bowlesj »

This post is only for PHP programmers and people who know about WWB HTML insertions and how to do the insertion shifts to get the insertions to work (something I have gotten use to). This code works! It is not a question.

I found this link which is a sample of how to enhance the calendar's functions (I think it matches the examples mentioned in the pdf file)
https://github.com/zpartakov/pmCake/blo ... mple2.html

I played around and I actually got the 'selected' parameter to work for the calendar so you can have it pop up with a pre-selected date. I initially did it with a hard coded date as shown below (but you have to shift the insertion code to actually get it to work).

<script language="JavaScript">
new tcal ({
'formname': 'Form1',
'controlname': 'Editbox1',
'selected': '2014-10-20'
});
</script>
To do this you would not use the WWB calendar extension but rather drop the code above into the form's object HTML insertion point (and do the standard shift by watching the upper window).

If you want to have a variable go into the insertion using PHP The actual final insertion code for the form's object HTML "inside Tag" insertion point that I had to use is below.

><?php
$MyVar = "2014-10-20"; //Move this assignment up to where ever for you actual logic.
echo ('<script language="JavaScript"> new tcal ({"formname": "Form1","controlname": "Editbox1","selected": "' . $MyVar . '" }); </script>');
?
You can see what I call the "WWB insertion shift" above. I had to add a > in front of the <?php then I had to remove the > from the ?> ending PHP tag.

So what about the "What you see is what you get" being lost. I show a picture for how to work around this below (the top calendar is placed using the WWB extension and the bottom calendar is placed using the code immediately above). The "What you see is what you get" work around trick is to let the calendar stay in the upper left corner of the form and place the textbox right next to it. Then you can move the form where ever you want as normal without having to change any CSS code. Notice how I have selected a date that is different than the current date that has a box around it. The date showing matches the 2014-10-20 date assigned to the MyVar.

Okay, there is a problem that I think the WWB people can solve. I can do what I have done because my form requires ONLY one field (the date field) and I have only one form that needs this. So I would suggest that the WWB people make an improvement to the calendar's properties dialog that allows the entry of the selected date (if it is left blank then the selected parameter is left out as is currently being done and the selected appears as the current date). This would allow people to use PHP on the server to submit an alternate date without the need to make the shift in the form area's object HTML. This way all the WYSIWYG benefits can be had with a calendar popup in a form where the calendar textbox can not be the first and only field. I have to agree with a prior comment that this is a pretty basic requirement (or a one that a lot of people could and would use and there is no need to conduct a study to know this). However doing an ongoing study of the market needs is not a bad idea. If the MultiCharts project management system was being used where users could vote on this feature I predict the vote would be 10 or more. The highest vote for a feature I saw was 15 (that is out of 4000+ forum members most of which are too busy to use the PM system but the MultiCharts people can use it as a measure of the market).

One more comment about my calendar picture. I will fill the predicted cycle date out in the field in advance and if the user wants to see what day it is relative to the month they will click the calendar and the selected date will match the date already in the text box.
Last edited by bowlesj on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
zinc

Post by zinc »

You HAVE been busy.... Nice work! :D
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

zinc wrote:You HAVE been busy.... Nice work! :D
What he said!! Thanks saved me a lot of time :)
KISS is the key!