Showing and scrolling layers *** UPDATED Aug-26-2012 ***

In this section you can announce self-made paid extensions.
*** THIS SECTION CONTAINS PAID EXTENSIONS ONLY ***
[RZ]

Re: Showing and scrolling layers *** UPDATED Aug-26-2012 ***

Post by [RZ] »

hello;
thanks for your suggestion - i remember some time ago i had a private (positive) discussion about this topic.
i added only these effects that are logically applicable to both left to right and right to left environments.
i.e. blind horizontal works fine only in left to right pages, making it to work in right to left ones would take a lot of code just to patch the absence of blind directions. something similar occurs with blind vertical, we have only from top to bottom but not from bottom to top...
anyhow i will be testing again and double checking which effects can be added preserving the simplicity and the logic for both language types.
regards.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks for the quick response :)

Actually you are right, some effects do not make sense, but the "drop" effect might be useful as well...
I tested the "drop" effect and it worked with no issues (according to my humble tests), so you know better in these cases ;)

Thanks again [rz] :)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello [rz], how are you doing?
One question: I have a shape on the index page, when it is clicked, it takes you to page1. On page one I have 2 layers with oc2 extension.
What I want is when I click on the shape on the index page it takes me to page1 and at the same time it opens the first layer, is it possible?

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hello there; once you click on the link to a page, you cannot make a special action in the destination page because it cannot know what you did in the previous page; unless, of course, you manage this with javascript/cookies.
if you need just a "fixed" action, you can call the myobject_open() function once the destination page is fully loaded.
hope this helps.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thank you for the reply :)
Well, I was almost sure that this cannot be done unless using javascript. Using a function on page load will not be also possible, because in the real design, I have 10 layers, so it is impossible to be done. I found a workaround for this: to make 10 pages; page1 layer1 is visisble, page2 layer2 is visible and so on, and each link on the index page opens the related page :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

if you use cookies, you don't need to repeat n times your target.
i thought you want the layer to be opened with the effect you indicated in their [associated extension] properties.
if you dont want use cookies, you can manage a parameter added in the link address, i.e. a fake bookmark, get the bookmark and according to its value you can call the proper myobjectid_open() function... just my cent
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hmmm, am not sure i got your point, do you mind if i provide you with a sample project containing 4 layers?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

yes, but please note i won't develop the internal logic. unfortunately i haven't the time right now, and this is a bit beyond of the scope. hope you can understand and please don't get me wrong, i have a lot of pending things to do.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

[rz], thank you for offering help. I just dont want to waste your time, so let me make it simple and try to get your point.
On the index page, there are 3 images; image1, image2 and image3. All images link to page1.
on page1 there are 3 oc2 extensions; oc21, oc22 and oc23. Text1, text2 and text3 open oc2 layers respectively.
image1 in index page is related to layer1 in page1 which is related to oc21 extension and so on for the rest of the images.
As i described in my previous post, clicking on image1 should open page1 and oc21, in this case there is no problem because oc21 will be already opened (the related layer will be set to visible). Now clicking image2 should open page1, hide oc21 and open oc22. Same thing for image3.
So i just would like to understand the bookmark trick if you can just describe it here in terms of my situation and objects naming i would really appreciate it.

thanjs a lot :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

you can contact me privately with your project, will tweak it so you can understand the trick.
i'm porting a few websites to another servers/hosting and there are some things that don't work the same, so i'm also doing a few modifications to the codes. delays expected, hope you can understand me. i'm also a bit busy lately, too many things, sorry.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

[RZ] wrote:you can contact me privately with your project, will tweak it so you can understand the trick.
i'm porting a few websites to another servers/hosting and there are some things that don't work the same, so i'm also doing a few modifications to the codes. delays expected, hope you can understand me. i'm also a bit busy lately, too many things, sorry.
Hello again rz

Nevermind man, I will try to do it myself, if I couldn't then I will contact you when you are free :)

It seems version 1.6.6 is coming soon, right?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

hello!
well, the 1.6.6 is an "internal" version because i'm sorting some stupid behaviors in ie and found a strange issue in browsers with chromium engine on certain conditions in very complex designs. these thingies are ready, fortunately.
if you enter (again ;) ) to the online demo, you will see a modal window sample, this is a new feature. although you can mimic it in a way with the current v1.6.5, there are some specific functions that will (soon?) be ready.
also the update contains a better focus/hover handling, this way i can remove some patches i did in the lib and the startup for chrome and ie.
kind regards
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hope to see that coming soon :)

Just a stupid question; is there a way to hide the "pointer" image in pagination extension using css?
I am using the extension but I am not using any pointer images, so in IE and browsers alike show that weird box.
I can hide it by adding "display:hidden;" to the "pntr" div in the html file, and it works, but I prefer to do it using css to do it directly from the program.

*****EDIT*****
Nevermind [RZ], I found it :)
I added a pointer image -let's say- a.png then added this css code:

Code: Select all

img[src*="images/a.png"] 
{
    display: none;
}
and it worked :)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello [rz]...

I was checking your online demo version 1.7 and it has a modal extension, you told me before that this can be achieved by some tricks in WWB, and I did it :)
My question is: in version 1.7, when the modal layer is opened, can it be centred in the browser window? To make my question clear, if the page has a vertical scroll bar and you scroll down a bit, then you click on the modal extension, does it open in the centre after the page is scrolled?
I mean just like a photo gallery (lightbox let's say), if you have 40 images (4 columns by 10 rows) and you scroll the page down then you click the last image, the lightbox opens in the centre of view. So is this included in the modal extension?

Thank you :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

you can place your modal layer wherever you want, it depends on your design.
if you want to make it fixed, you can use the available wb options or add the custom style you need.
if you also want to drag it (as in the online demo) you can use the [rz] Drag Layers extension: http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/view ... 42&t=52259
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks for the reply :) and sorry for being late in responding back!
Just one question: I have the latest version 1.6.5, when I use oc2 as a menu using "Automatic behaviour" and set on mouse hover to open the layer, after publishing the page to the server, sometimes the icons do not appear, refreshing the page solves the issue. Yes, there are other codes (just simple ones like rollover image inside the menu layer). It seems that the browser doesn't load the images of the icons at the first time, I don't know if these is a code to force loading the images (icons).
I would like to know if the newer versions you are working on contain codes that may solve this issue, and I really would like to try version 1.7 if it is available already :)
Thank you [rz].
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i never received an issue report like this nor i personally experienced such issue.
the extensions set was intensively tested, i think it is something related to your browser's cache.
weird... can you post a link so as i can see the problem?
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Sure, am building this site for a friend of mine (donation will be given once I receive the payment ;))
Here is the link:
http://www.revivejordan.com/falcon
It also happened with me using xampp, and yesterday, my friend was checking it using his computer and it also happened with him, but after refreshing, everything was normal.
In the link I provided, I am using 2 Rollovers (Home and Contact us), and 3 oc2 extensions (Products, Company and Career).
Please don't spend so much time on that IF it has to do with any conflict with the extra code generated by any other object or script inserted into the page. I really appreciate your time to help others, but this time am ready to pay in order to solve this issue :)
Thank you a lot.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

if you can, zip me the full wb project to the email you already have.
i cannot find the issue, the only thing i can see is a runtime error at the startup process and i need to know from where it came...
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Sure, you need the WBB project, not the generated files, right?
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

just the project (with the sample images if possible so i can better see the whole thing there)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

(the mail has been received - will look at this and i'll try to be back in two hours with an answer)
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thank you [rz], just take your time :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

a new [bullet-proof] startup process was implemented for that very rare case.
will shortly be sent to your mail because the last version wasn't released yet.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Man, I really don't know how to thank you!
The first time it happened to me (in another project, but we -me and the client- didn't continue the work), I thought it was because of a php code I took from the "PHP Guestbook" and implemented it on the same page of the extension (so the comments do not appear in an inline frame, and to make the comments expand through the length of the page).
But in the project I provided you, it is the RollOver Image which am using along with the extension, but I really would like to know if the issue occurred because of the RollOver or other thing?

[rz], thanks a million for your help, with every project am doing, I will make a donation for sure, because when I face a dilemma, I find the solution in one or more of your extensions :)
And I am very enthusiastic for the new extensions you are working on which I found in your developer's page, I am ready to buy them :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

i took your project, just changed the library with a new startup method: *** link removed - issue solved ***
please note, i didn't install nor add the extension(s) you provided, two reasons: 1. i isolated the case to the maximum (or the minimum?) so as to know where the weird behavior is; and 2. this way i can ensure that the (my) extensions work smoothly with wb and as it is expected.
please stress the above link and tell me if it now works as you wanted (then, i will delete your files, as soon as i receive feedback from you).
Last edited by [RZ] on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

I just tested the link you provided, no issues as they used to happen before :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

ok, that sounds good...
i'm doing the last fine-tuning, check your inbox in one hour.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thank you so much :)
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

mail sent.
just reinstall and tell me how it works (new options available, feedback is appreciated).
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks a lot :)
I will test it thoroughly and let you know, but so far, on xampp, everything is working 100%
Sergio Morais

Post by Sergio Morais »

Hi guys.
Firstly let me apologise for the lack of skill beforehand.
I would like to develop something based on RZ's layers. His demo is great!
I have downloaded & installed the extensions, created layers, renamed them according to groups (group-a, group -b, etc), added the rz layers lib and tried a number of extensions (ocm, ocpn, etc), attributed open/close icons, but upon preview,, nothing happens.
Does not close or open; tried hiding the layers to see if the "open" command would scroll them into view, but nothing. When I place the mouse over the icon to hover, it just flickers incessantly.
I know there is something (or many things) that I am not doing right, because everybody else here has managed to do it.
At a complete loss..
Thx
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

did you add the library?
did you properly add the object ids?
without seeing what you did is extremely difficult (or even impossible) to give a proper help...
Sergio Morais

Post by Sergio Morais »

Yes, I added the rz layers (lib) extension.
What I did was create 2 layers, named them group-a-1 & group-a-2 respectively.
Then I added the ocm/ocpn extensions alternatively.
Within each one I set the layer name prefix to group-a (thinking that the layers group-a-1 & group-a-2 would fall under that set of instructions)
I added plus and minus icons to open and close the layers group-a-1 and group-a-2.
When I preview, The layers are shown, or not, in accordance with whether or not they have been hidden, but the icons do nothing; Don't open or close the layers.
I always start off with something simple in order to get a grasp on things. This time I am stumped..
Must I add all the extensions to the project?
Thx
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

have you read the info file?
without seeing what you did will be impossible to help you
group-a is an illegal name, please use group_a instead
Sergio Morais

Post by Sergio Morais »

OK.
I managed to get it working, SORT OF!
I added an oc extension per layer & the plus(open) and minus(close) options work..
So I have 2 "+"&"1" icons. Open and close makes the layer disappear/appear.
Is it possible to say click the "+" thereby showing layer1 & make it automatically disappear when clicking the other "+" regarding the layer2 thereby showing layer2 only and vice-versa?
Hope my question is not too confusing..
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

again, have you read the info file?
if you want synchronized layers you should use oc2 instead of oc
oc2 allows you to group the layers so you can open and close the related ones
Sergio Morais

Post by Sergio Morais »

On it!
Glad I am making some head way..