One time pop-up - Single Instance - Once Only on Home page open - Cookie Policy

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
code2

One time pop-up - Single Instance - Once Only on Home page open - Cookie Policy

Post by code2 »

I have looked around the Forum but I'm not even sure what to call the particular function or operation I am seeking.

What I'm trying to do is implement one of the Cookie Notice extensions. I really do like the Cookie Consent look's and feel. But each has it’s own issues.

1). Cookie Bar extension (no longer support) does not want to disappear when accepted/declined. For me, it shows persistently.

2). Cookie Consent extension appears to open in a Model window, so unless you have a very short message, it does not allow scrolling to get to the dismiss Button on smaller devices (approx 320px, etc.). But it has that annoying sticky label which sometimes covers text when scrolling on small devices.

3). Cookie Bubble (appears archived and no longer supported) is the same as no. 2 because it appears to open in a Model window. So, it does not allow scrolling to get to the dismiss Button on smaller devices (approx 320px, etc.)

4). Cookie Policy extension works, but does not have the same features as the others. However, I do like the “Do not show message again” feature, but it is fairly persistent when using Google Chrome when the “Do not show” is selected - even between sessions.

So, I was hoping to try to make my own using a card, layer or something that I can control myself to:

a). Only display once when the index/home page first opens and does not show for that session. I would expect many visitors to my site would find it annoying to have the Cookie Notice appear each time they navigate back to the index/home page. Extension, 2 and 3 display each time one navigates back to the home page.

b). However, I would like to Cookie Notice to appear each time the page is opened in a browser again after the earlier browser session was closed.

I am guessing such a function could also be used for any one-time pop-up or display of information, etc, etc. on a page.

Any ideas please?

Thank you in advance
Pablo

Re: One time pop-up - Single Instance - Once Only on Home page open - Cookie Policy

Post by Pablo »

Maybe this template will be useful?
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppo ... ydark.html

It uses a dialog and a custom script to show/hide the popup.