Sitelock report of vulnerabilities

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
rogerl

Sitelock report of vulnerabilities

Post by rogerl »

My new Host for my site whiteshepherdsnz.com has us on SiteLock monitoring and every now and then I'm getting alert e-mails about vulnerabilities in my software platform. I have a link to a copy of the latest report below. Can you please comment on how I should deal with this, if indeed I am able to do anything as they all seem to be system related rather than anything I've done for my site.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Roger

https://www.sendspace.com/file/llujny
ColinM

Re: Sitelock report of vulnerabilities

Post by ColinM »

Hey Roger,

Just to let you know that I've moved this topic from General Questions (on WYSIWYG) to Off Topic which is the correct Forum for non WYSIWYG topics 8) .
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Unless I missed something, everything listed has to do with Wordpress and not WB so I'm not sure how this is related to WB?

As for the vulnerabilities, are you using the latest version of the software? You may want to check with your host and/or a WP forum to get more answers.
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Hi Colin,
Don't know about off topic. Its Web Builder 16 software that they are reporting on i.e. the platform. That seems to be on topic to me
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Hi Crispy,
Yes, I don't know enough about how WB16 is based so assumed they are looking base software adapted for WB use. That's why I want someone with system knowledge to tell me what I should do with this, if anything.
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

I don't see anything in the report regarding html/css/js files created by WB. It's all about the issues regarding WP. Do you have a WP site also on the server? If not, then I wouldn't worry about anything because nothing I see has anything to do with the files that WB generates.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I doubt that this is software related due to it is not the software that runs on the server but html files, javascripts and php if used in the likes of forms. As I can't download from the link provided due to being notified that it is a phishing attack I can't help. Also as crispy has mentioned if you have brought over anything WP related then this will most likely be the issue.This because WP is software even though it is viewed on the net it is still software that generates it in the same way that this forum is software using phpBB.
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Okay, a clean site to look at file

https://www.whiteshepherdsnz.com/NewSit ... ockRpt.txt

And no I don't have a WP site, just WB 16. If its all twaddle then I shall have the facility taken off.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Reading from the txt file the warning is related to WP and not WWB. If you were to check your server configuration it will most likely show that it is possible to host a WP site if required. I would consider this twaddle and contact your "New" hosting provider and inform them of this and ask them to resolve this for you so not to receive anymore emails.
rogerl

Post by rogerl »

Thanks everyone.