Web Hosting

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
eyeglassboy

Web Hosting

Post by eyeglassboy »

Could anyone suggest a web host for someone like me with limited experience? I've been told by 'tech-support' at WIX, GoDaddy and others that they don't support WYSIWYG. Then they try to sell me on their own builders or WordPress.
crispy68

Re: Icon font, Photo Gallery

Post by crispy68 »

GoDaddy as well as other normal hosting companies (not Wix or Weebly) will work with Web Builder.
jerryco

Re: Web Hosting

Post by jerryco »

With WYSIWYG Web Builder, you install a program on your own computer. You use that to make and save the website. Then you can upload your work through FTP to any hosting service that (suggested) also has PHP support. PHP is a programming language used on websites with more than just information (such as a form). You may also want to check Let's Encrypt support. This means you can have a secure website (called SSL or https) generally with no additional cost.
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

eyeglassboy wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:30 pm Could anyone suggest a web host for someone like me with limited experience? I've been told by 'tech-support' at WIX, GoDaddy and others that they don't support WYSIWYG. Then they try to sell me on their own builders or WordPress.
Hi eyeglassboy! Contact me through my form on my webpage... I have a suggestion. :D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

One question that hasn't been asked what is your location? You really don't want to sign up to a hosting provider that isn't in the same time zone do you.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Any web host with standard CPanel hosting (not WP) with FTP capabilities (the way to upload files) will work. That is the beauty of WYSIWYG, it's a lot more stable than database driven hosting.
For GoDaddy, here is what I suggest - https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting. Choose Ultimate or Maximum for the SSL cert.

And I second what BaconFries said. Choose a host that is in your country (local) and has awesome customer service (open on weekends) and up time.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design