Editbox and echo statement

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
hjones43

Editbox and echo statement

Post by hjones43 »

I use PHP frequently in WWB projects. I would like to be able to control formatting (font size, color) when using the echo statement within an editbox.

The statement below used within a PHP script obediently writes it to the top line on my page with proper formatting.

echo "<p> <font color=blue font face='arial' size='12pt'>($_SESSION["DocumentTitle"]) </p>";

However, when I embed it within an editbox inside a form using the statement below

<?php echo( "<p> <font color=blue font face='arial' size='12pt'>($_SESSION["DocumentTitle"]) </p>" ); ?>

The following shows up in the editbox when I run the project

<p> <font color=blue font face='arial' size='12pt'>One line simple string in blue color, arial font and font size 12pt</font> </p>

I have successfully used <?php echo("Hello World"); ?> type statements (no formatting) in editboxes before.

Can anyone unravel this mystery for me?

Much appreciated.

Harry Jones
crispy68

Re: Editbox and echo statement

Post by crispy68 »

I'm not php expert, but I believe the normal css would be as such:

<p style='color:blue;font-family:arial;font-size:12pt;'>your text here</p>

or possibly just add a class and then add the class to your .css file.

<p class='demo'>your text here</p>

and then in a html box/page html add to the <head> section:

<style>
.demo{color:blue;font-family:arial;font-size:12pt;}
</style>

Using <font> is deprecated in html5.
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

Try something like: (I haven't tried it)

echo "<p>< font color=blue font face='arial' size='12pt'> $_SESSION['DocumentTitle']</p>";
Last edited by MGD4me on Thu May 20, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lummis

Post by lummis »

Am I missing something? The Editbox properties have a Style tab where you can define the font size and colour. Doesn't that work?

Brian

Edit - I should have added that you can place the php echo statement as the initial value.
hjones43

Post by hjones43 »

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm an idiot. I thought I had tested Brian's suggestion and it didn't work properly but that is not the case.

Best,
Harry Jones