WB Videos & Tutorials

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
crispy68

WB Videos & Tutorials

Post by crispy68 »

Hello fellow forum members,

I have been an avid user of WB since version 10. I've seen a lot of growth in the product and the tools that Pablo has made available to design with are amazing.

Let me first say that I am no pro by any means. Over the past 10 years or so I've noodled around in design and coding but still have a lot to learn. Many of you know I chime in now and then on the forum to try and help out fellow forum members as much as I can. I've had numerous members contact me outside of the forum for help and advice. It's been a great experience and I'm glad if I've been able to help others.

About a year or so ago, I launched my template and extension site. Now, I am looking to add tutorials and videos to my site to help current and new forum members in learning more about WB.

I know there are a couple of other members on here that have video tutorials that are very informative so I'm not necessarily looking to duplicate anything they have done already as what they have done has been great.

My focus will not only be on the features of WB, but how to use those features in your design and hopefully elevate it. So my question is, what kind of tutorials or videos would you like to see? Are you more interested in how something works or the process of creating a responsive design?

Have any of you asked yourself these questions:

When should I use a layer, layout grid, flex grid or flex container?
How do I determine which to use or where to start?
How is the best way to tackle this particular situation (insert your situation)?
If you use layout grids, have you ever used the custom setting and in what situation would I use it?
(these are some questions I've had asked before).

I would love to hear what you think.

Feel free to leave you ideas here or email me directly at ron@wizbangwebdesign.com.
Bluesman

Re: WB Videos & Tutorials

Post by Bluesman »

Hi crispy. Great idea! I was also having this idea for some years :D but work came between. I started WWB with "90 second website builder" that a guy named "Greg Hughes" licensed from Pablo. Now he has returned all his users to WWB and Pablo. He has some real good video tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHLBlO ... 1HfaZyYnTw
Greg is an excellent video producer and pedagog. Most of his videos are still very relevant. Would be very nice if you could use his videos as a complement. Talk to him... then there are some others; Hérnan Pena (Spanish) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkjR40 ... kTxLFIXY1Q, Brian Holder was excellent to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs-vdX ... ccP7tMaoiQ but changed business but sho knows...

One thing that I was thinking could be nice was to collect all in a register/list with different categories, for make it easy for users to find what they are looking for.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
andyp

Post by andyp »

Good for you Ron :)

And just to think that there are still some people using SS :mrgreen:
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

One thing that I was thinking could be nice was to collect all in a register/list with different categories, for make it easy for users to find what they are looking for.
Yes, that would be a good idea. I will certainly try to organize it in such a way to make it easy to find subjects/content.
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

would like to see videos on the cms tools
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

This is taking things to the next level... but I think you are asking for that. What about making an interactive Wizard IN the software that talks people through options and why they are necessary?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

@jerryco,
That would be something Pablo would have to do as:
1. I dont have access to the software to do something like that
2. Not sure how that would affect the software speed.

This is something I'm doing on my own based on all of the questions I've received thru email and seen in this forum. In addition, there is a tendency for the same questions to be asked over and over. I think some of it is from not just reading the help file but in some cases there has to be a disconnect on how to implement something.

I also want to also focus on design concepts. I've looked at a lot of projects and some need tweaking.... some a lot of tweaking. :)

Let me know what you'd like more info on.
paddlefoot

Post by paddlefoot »

Sounds like grand idea Crispy. I personally find videos easier to learn from, with the benefit of play/pause as I work through a project. Your first suggestion: when and why to use a layer, layout grid, flex grid or flex container—along with breakpoints would always be a perennially popular subject. Similarly, problems with text layout combined with breakpoints and the sometimes unexpected text results (too small, too large,etc.) could use some explaining. If there's anything I can do to help , please let me know through this forum or email.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hey Ron,

EXCELLENT IDEA! Pablo does an amazing job for so many reasons. Always delivering a mind blowing update to a product blows everything else out of the water, answering ALL those questions (and yes, many, as you say, over and over again) and resolving so many "User" issues with incredible patience.

You also, are to be recognised for your willingness and devotion of time to assist people, including myself on more than one occasion.

Thank you!

For me, at this point in time, ideas and needs are:
A) Increase the emphasis to use a function/feature as opposed to what it is.
B) All the Carousel options available now.

I'll add more if I think of them - I've only just had my first coffee for the day. :lol:

Keep up the great work mate, it's appreciated! 8)

EDIT - I wonder if Pablo could add links to any videos in the hep panel - or at least have a Videos section in the Help Table of Contents.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
kenmed

Post by kenmed »

Great idea! I use the programme a little but follow the support/forum every day just because the high standard here. If you make tutorials it will be even more to read, watch and learn.
Ken
zinc

Post by zinc »

Great stuff Ron well I have been using WWB I think from version 6 (If i can remember :D ) and this would be great. I know you are a PRO when it comes to LG so that would be a good topic to cover.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
jerryco

Post by jerryco »

@Pablo
How do you feel about my suggestion?
This is taking things to the next level... but I think you are asking for that. What about making an interactive Wizard IN the software that talks people through options and why they are necessary?
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / Account age is no guarantee of efficiency ;-) ->

Above, Beyond, and @wwonderfull! <- Genuinely helps you with a powered up site that counts! Four Times Excellence!
zinc

Post by zinc »

jerryco wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 am @Pablo
How do you feel about my suggestion?
While this is down to Pablo, I think this is too much valuable programming time for Pablo where he can simply add a link to the website (perhaps a direct link depending which section of the application the user is) and point the user to the website. This way the site can be updated regularly and no need to constantly update WWB.

My 2 cents...
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Fender

Post by Fender »

I think this is a great initiative to support users in this way
I too benefit from your suggested solutions for the most diverse questions or problems
But of course not to forget about the other forum members who suggest solutions
My suggestions
-The available but not so obvious options to style elements with or without the use
of an html object or directly in the html of the element
this can be for images, layers, layout grid, etc.

- Maybe you can share some style tips that can be used but only entered via html, such as
filter box shadow on an element. or to give a line or shadow to a gridlayout row or or whatever you can think of.

- The use of classes in styling and how to make a before and after style or whatever style in the stylemanager
- I also noted that a lot of users have a problem with defining keyframes when using animations.

- How and what options to write in the options when using a lightbox,

- Maybe out of the scope but a tutorial how to make your own extension

Fender
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

crispy68 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 pm
Yes, that would be a good idea. I will certainly try to organize it in such a way to make it easy to find subjects/content.
Hi again Crispy :)
Just for showing what thoughts I had some years agoo... Had some free time that abruptly ended... All links and the responsivness are not full funktional, but you can see some of the ideas. I published this not complete site just for show you:
https://www.chevere.ec/wwb_academy/
"Make My Day"

See my Website
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Nice bluesman, I will take a closer look at your demo to gather some ideas.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

crispy68 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:33 am Nice bluesman, I will take a closer look at your demo to gather some ideas.
Just some ideas that maybe can get used. Noticed the links in the extension "Unite Gallery" doesn't work. Do you use "Unite Gallery" for any site?
"Make My Day"

See my Website
crispy68

Post by crispy68 »

Do you use "Unite Gallery" for any site?
I've looked at it but have not yet used it in a site yet.
mhinnc

Post by mhinnc »

Bluesman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:34 am
Just for showing what thoughts I had some years agoo... Had some free time that abruptly ended... All links and the responsivness are not full funktional, but you can see some of the ideas. I published this not complete site just for show you:
I like this format: https://www.chevere.ec/wwb_academy/
And if I sometime confound dates and incidents, or tell the same old tale for the twentieth time, think "Oh what a vast field his laboring memory wanders."
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

mhinnc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm
Bluesman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:34 am

I like this format: https://www.chevere.ec/wwb_academy/
I was checking and the extension "Unite Gallery" seams to conflict with something... locks at the progressbar when trying to view the Youtube videos. Worked 1.5 years ago...
"Make My Day"

See my Website