Mal's Commerce help needed

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Rodders

Mal's Commerce help needed

Post by Rodders »

Hi - I'm currently building a new site, utilising/integrating Mals Commerce as I've been using it for many years and it performs very well. I downloaded their instructions and now have most items sorted with drop down menus, etc and hidden fields for pricing all using the basic WYSWIG forms fields.
The forms are incorporated into a sep layout grid for each item.
The problem that I've come up against is that a couple of products have a variable option which will affect the price.
I've looked at the Mal's document as well as the WYSiWIG documentation and I cannot seem to work out how I can put in a pricing variable. As currently the price is a single hidden field called "price"
Has anyone else managed to get this to work okay and if so how did you manage getting two prices in the hidden fields (I think it will be to do with setting actions on the size options, but I can't see the hidden fields when I try to set the target) also if I do "price1" and "price2" as hidden fields I get a SYNTAX error. (and I still can't enable them via an action anyway as I can't see them!) Want to crack it as it looks more professional to have a choice rather than two separate items that you choose from
Thanks in advance
:? :?
BaconFries

Re: Mal's Commerce help needed

Post by BaconFries »

Moviing to the Off Topic Section as in general there is no help implenting third party scripts such a e-commerce etc

Note that there is a extension for this (Paid)
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 53&t=79431
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Okay no problem, thanks for letting me know I did buy the extension but in honesty didn't work as expected and have found it easier to work out from Mals instructions.
It's not particularily integration as they just advise what fields you need and how to link all form fields under a single product, it hasn't required adding any code - just standard WYSWIG form fields, up until this point. If I crack it then I'll update.
alex2

Post by alex2 »

Hi I also use mals ecommerce, not sure I understand what you are after.
Can you PM me with a screenshot, I may be able to help.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Can you PM me with a screenshot, I may be able to help.
@alex2 PM is not possible in the forum as it is disabled due to misuse. To help the original poster you will need to provide another method of contact.
GrahamW

Post by GrahamW »

Hi Rodders
what are you actually after with the extension, its designed to just drop on the page and fill in your product detail and price and you can choose what layout you want with it. All options are configured in the back end of mals.

If you look at my Demo here in the Multi Select samples it has price options you set as you require
https://www.shop.grahamscomputers.net/d ... sdemo.html

Let me know your exact needs and I maybe able to do a custom version of it as an extension for you
Graham