Publishing from a Dynamic IP Address

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
lummis

Publishing from a Dynamic IP Address

Post by lummis »

In recent times I have been experiencing problems when publishing as I have a Dynamic IP Address. This was not a problem in the past and it appears that my host has tightened up it's security to such an extent that I have to phone them each time it happens to get my IP Address added to a whitelist, which is nearly every time I update the website.

My internet provider only provides a Static Address to business users which comes at a cost and as my websites are of a personal nature I cannot see why I should have to pay for a business service.

Has anyone else come up against a similar problem and have you found a workaround. Alternatively does your host provide a service for those with a dynamic address as I might decide to move elsewhere, although I am reluctant to do so at the moment as I have paid for my hosting service up to March next year.

Brian
Bloodhound2

Re: Publishing from a Dynamic IP Address

Post by Bloodhound2 »

Indeed I have Brian! Are you by any chance with TSOHOST or another host using C-Panel as it is an issue due to tightened security for non-cloud hosted accounts. They tell me they are unable to do anything except offer to whitelist the new IP address whenever it changes. This wasn't a problem when it was still with Vidahost but customer support has dropped off considerably. It took me 2 hours waiting on the phone in four 30 minute stints last time (they cut the call after 30 minutes) and today BT changed my IP for the 6th time.

Mike
lummis

Re: Publishing from a Dynamic IP Address

Post by lummis »

Yes Mike, I am with TSOHost and IP is BTInternet, so same scenario! I moved from Cloud Hosting with TSOHost to cPanel as it enabled me to send out slightly larger batches of emails, but still less than 100, but that was sometime ago. As you say the customer support has got worse and at one time I got a message when using webchat to open a ticket and when I went to do that was told that all their agents were on webchat! I have also waited for a long time on the phone and when I do get through I find myself telling them how to resolve an issue as they don't seem to know what to do. Very frustrating!

Brian