Ecwid very slow loading

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
Erik88

Ecwid very slow loading

Post by Erik88 »

I use Ecwid for online sales on our website. Just recently someone made me aware about the very long load time (>2 min) when using an iphone. Android, W10 loads within a few seconds. The last few days I tried several iphones and all have the long wait time. All on the same network.
The store loads fine with the instant store access link ("https://store[store id].company.site"), also on the iphones.

I use WB15v1. I tried using the Ecwid provided HTML code and the available WB extention and putting these in a FlexGrid or FlexContainer. All the same result.

Did anybody had the same issue?

Thank you.
Pablo

Re: Ecwid very slow loading

Post by Pablo »

Please note that the loading time of Ecwid is unrelated to WWB. The content is loaded from the Ecwid website.
But maybe you have used large images?
Erik88

Post by Erik88 »

Well, that is question.
As said, the same amount of data loads in a few seconds on the same network, but with an Android phone or W10 PC.
Accessing the store via the direct link ("https://store[store id].company.site") on an iphone also works fast.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

Did you try a different browser on the iphone?

Alan
Erik88

Post by Erik88 »

I did not - yet.
I received a response from Ecwid. They put in some extra time to figure this out, copied below. It looks like an Apple Safari issue.

It is strange that apparently nobody else has this problem. Can I put the HTML code in something else than a Flexgrid and still have the responsive beheviour?

*** copy start ***
I have carefully inspected your website in Safari browser. It is not speed issue. The store is not properly displayed in Safari:

A white line is how your store is displayed in Safari browser (It looks like this only in Safari, other browser work fine.

This behavior is caused by some lines in the source code of your website:

<div id="FlexGrid1">
<div id="FlexGrid1-grid">

I have managed to fix the issue locally after deleting these lines from the source code of your website.

In the light of the above deleting these 2 elements from the source of your website will fix the issue with displaying your store in Safari.

*** end copy ****
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I have managed to fix the issue locally after deleting these lines from the source code of your website.
You cannot just remove these line from the source code, it will affect the structure of the page.

But it is possible that Ecwid does not support flexgrid.
You can try to use a Layout Grid instead.
Erik88

Post by Erik88 »

Solved.

I put the HTML code in a Layout Grid, and now it work fine.
Thank you.