cPanel Assassin SPAM control @ Domain Level?

This section is for posting questions which are not directly related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Examples of off topics: web server configuration, hosting, programming related questions, third party scripts.

Note that these questions will generally not be answered by the administrators of this forum.
ColinM

cPanel Assassin SPAM control @ Domain Level?

Post by ColinM »

Hi All,
I'm in the process of transitioning my business and (eventually) my clients from Cloud Hosting to CPanel which involves migration to a new upstream provider - lots of fun and careful documentation!

One thing I'm looking at know is Assassins ability to blacklist and block unwanted emails at the domain level.

I've looked at Assassin help on the web, stack overflow and raised a ticket with my new provider.

All say that you can blacklist at the domain level by adding either of the following to blacklisting via the Cpanel email filters > advanced:
@<domainname>
#@<domainname>

However, I've found adding either of the above doesn't prevent the respective domain emails coming through. Sure, I can just add the full email address (that of course works), but that doesn't stop blacklisted senders just creating a new email address.

Your experience and advice on this please?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
BaconFries

Re: cPanel Assassin SPAM control @ Domain Level?

Post by BaconFries »

From cPanel themselves it may or may not be what your after
https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/block ... el.614171/
Or you can block a range of IP's using a .htaccess file on the server.
ColinM

Re: cPanel Assassin SPAM control @ Domain Level?

Post by ColinM »

BaconFries wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:08 am From cPanel themselves it may or may not be what your after
https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/block ... el.614171/
Or you can block a range of IP's using a .htaccess file on the server.
Thanks BC - you have an amazing ability for finding stuff! 8)
Unfortunately the specification of an @ preceding the domain as a wildcard doesn't seem to work - I'll need to find out where to apply globa as mentioned in one of those posts.
I
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia